Content of the article: "For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 2"
Looks like I've got a few of these left to go. Let's all hope that that patch has something for D.Va.
Github repository, featuring the relevant xml, galaxyscript & layout files for things shown here, as well as the things from before
- D.Va can now select her other Heroic option by selecting the upgrade for it at Level 20. This does not grant access to the benefits from that upgrade
I actually think this'd be cool on a lot of Heroes. Right now only really Alarak and Junkrat have it(that I can think of, anyway), and it's not implemented how I've done it. Something I should probably add to this is Bunny Hop's CD showing in Pilot Mode in the active bar so she can see where it's at.
- Crash Course no longer requires D.Va to hit 20 enemies to gain the cooldown reduction from hitting Heroes with Boosters, and it is instead available as soon as the talent is chosen
I didn't change the numbers, but definitely thought about nerfing it when doing this, as I'm kind of spooked. I do have some other stuff in mind for Boosters later down the track, though, which would impact Crash Course. It's still probably the worst on the tier, but not quite so bad with this change
- Dazer Zone slow strength is now increased by 10% for each enemy Hero beyond the first affected by Defense Matrix. This slow cannot exceed 40% slow in power
To give a comparison, Arthas slow starts out at 5%, and ramps up to 40%, increasing in 5% every 0.5 seconds. I tossed around going to 5% bonus per hero here, but ultimately decided against it. Even debated starting at 10% and going up to 40%, to give moments where it'd have less impact than it currently has, but decided against that too. I'm actually not convinced this is such a good idea, but I think the talents competing with Aggression Matrix need something more(saying that, this week I've not got anything for Coming Through)
- Fusion Generator's Maximum Charge per use of Defense Matrix is increased from 15 to 20
I know seeing this you'll think "but it doesn't need a buff, Bring It On is worse", and there was a point in time I'd agree with you, but using the replay stat tracking stuff I commented about in the recent AMA, I implemented something to track the potential value of Bring It On, and while there were times in each game that I took Fusion Generator where it had generated more than Bring It On, ultimately by the end Bring It On comes out in front. Here's the stats from the games I played, and one where I played against a D.Va who took Fusion Generator: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Not many samples, but I only took these over 1 night. The stats you want to look at for D.Va are in Row I and Row M, and D.Va's 4th column.
- Fusion Generator charge handler is now only removed once no targets are affected by Defense Matrix, rather than when D.Va stops channeling Defense Matrix
This is a buff to it, but one that won't super matter except for the talent we're adding at 13. Previously this meant if you stopped channelling or got stunned, and then damage was dealt by an enemy who was still affected by Defense Matrix(which it lasts for 0.3125s, and doesn't stop when D.Va stops channelling), you wouldn't get charge. I see this as a bug fix more than anything else, so not counting it in the numbers.
- D.Va now has 4th talent to choose at level 13: Persistent Matrix. When chosen, it will cause enemies currently affected by Defense Matrix when it is manually cancelled or when it expires due to duration to remain under the effects of Defense Matrix for an additional 2 seconds. Requires Defense Matrix to be active for more than 1 second to apply.
Yeah, another way to get more Defense Matrix. Maybe all these extra methods warrant a nerf to the damage reduction…
I actually tossed around a few different ideas for a new 13, which you can see in the XML for week 2 as simple ideas if you are curious.
- Nanoweave Suit now is extended in duration by 0.5 seconds if you basic attack an enemy hero. This can occur up to 8 times per Nanoweave Suit, meaning the maximum duration is 8 seconds(4+4)
Might be too much. Probably should lower the armor value. I just wanted something that can allow you to get more meaningful value out of the increased CDR.
- Defense Matrix now features a floating combat text element to display the amount of damage prevented with it.
I'm counting this as the 7th change. Yes, it probably should have been included when I changed the other Defense Matrix representation stuff. Pure QOL stuff.
I also had another idea I wanted to add, but I ultimately didn't like the look nor the feel of it – this probably would have replaced or been somehow placed into Get Through This if I ended up liking the feel of it, but I didn't: Defense Matrix is no longer cancelled from using Boosters. I probably would have added some other aside there, like "While Boosting, Defense Matrix does not reduce in duration" or something like that, as it definitely didn't seem as nice as I had envisioned it, which is why I ultimately decided it was a bad idea.
The earlier two posts, if you haven't seen them: here and here.
I mentioned that quite a few things might need nerfs here. Maybe I'll come up with some next week, as I'm almost certain I've gone too far in buffing her in parts of this. Anything done to things I've added won't count towards the 7, so if I go and say "Concussive now only reduces the cooldown by 0.5 seconds", that won't count. Shitposts like this gotta have some ethics!
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 5
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 1
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 6
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 2" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- Theme Teams (updated)
- For the next anomaly, blizzard should look at tanks
- Maiev’s level 16 W talent Cruel Chain’s Movement speed buff needs to be reworded.
- Hogger’s Design Power Creep
- Having high latency in Heroes sucks, and here is an option Blizzard could add to improve the experience.
- Hero Rework: Probius
- My Concept for a Support-focused Probius Redesign
- Zug Zug
- Everything wrong about Nova
- Kael’Thas: I’m not the first, but this is the rework I would like to see.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.