Content of the article: "For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 9"
PTR doesn't count!
Previous Posts: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
As with last week, these changes are as part of a larger rework(that I guess now won't be finished), and the changes that are a part of that rework are seen here:
- Mech Health increased from 2000 to 2330, Mech Health Regen increased to match(480s)
- Defense Matrix is now a hold-to-target ability that slowly drains energy, think of it like a bastard mixture of Hanzo's Storm Bow(for the targeting) and Deathwing's Molten Flame(or any other energy-draining ability), it recharges at a rate of 10 per second, costs 30 per second to fire, and has a maximum charge of 100. It also now only reduces damage by 50%, and projects out further, making it less reliable for reducing melee damage, but more reliable for reducing ranged damage.
- Self-Destruct is now a heroic ability with a 120 second cooldown.
- Micro Missiles is a new basic ability taking the place of Self-Destruct, 9 second cooldown, works like live Defense Matrix(target a direction, fire in that direction, locked rotation), fires 18 missiles dealing 22(+4% per level) each, explodes on heroes and terrain. I think the damage might be slightly undertuned, but I'm spooked of it being too good. This is ripped straight from an earlier rework, but with retargeting removed cause that seemed a bit too bonkers. WTB LaunchFacingTurret for launching missiles.
- Bunny Hop cooldown reduced to 60 seconds
- Call Mech cooldown now starts at 29 seconds at level 0, increases by 1 second for each level. Closest comparison is Rexxar's Misha cooldown, which is 14 + 0.5s per level.
Last week there was 7 new talents, and this week is no different. Some I think are neat, some are kind of boring.
- New Level 1 Talent: Big Game Hunter: After damaging an Enemy Hero with Boosters, increase Booster duration by 0.75 seconds and once that cast of Boosters ends, heal for 6% of the targets max health. Heal amount is increased by 100% for each additional hero hit.
Yeah, the rework has a similar talent to this, but the difference here is there's no bonus damage to enemies, and the amount healed from each enemy is "snapshot" based on the first target you hit – if Murky is the first one, that heal is going to be pretty pathetic, but if it's Stitches, it's as big as it can be(this obeys the rule for percent damage, which 3651, so if the enemy has more hp than that, it's treated as though that's their max hp. this scales by 4% per level)
- New Level 13 Talent: Scratch One Bogey!: After damaging an enemy hero with Mech Basic Attacks 10 times, the next time Boosters hits that Hero, deal 85% increased damage and slow them by 30% for 2 seconds.
I think this might be undertuned when compared to the other level 13s, but other than that it is rather straight forward. The visuals on the enemy heroes status bars is blatantly(and unaltered) stolen from Qhira's Bloodrage, with all the bugs that brings with it when you don't resize the image or anything.
- New Level 13 Talent: Charged Up: Increase Damage Dealt with Heroic ability by 30%, and while D.Va's Heroic Ability is able to be cast, she deals 15% increased damage, and her healing taken is increased by 15%
Since the enemy can't tell when you have Self-Destruct available any more, I wanted a talent that lets them tell, and this is the result of that line of thought.
- New Level 13 Talent: Giant Scorcher: Micro Missiles deal an additional 1% of the targets maximum life as damage to enemy Heroes, and the cooldown of Micro Missiles is increased by 3 seconds.
Well, it's not really new, but here's Big Shot, earlier than level 10, but much weaker than level 10.
- New Level 16 Talent: Cannons Online: While Basic Attacking, Basic Ability cooldowns recharge 75% faster if they have more than 50% remaining on their charge, and Energy(required to use Defense Matrix) is regained 50% faster while below 50% Energy
This is essentially a version of Battle Momentum.
- New Level 20 Talent: Slipstream: Allies trailing closely behind D.Va's Mech gain the movespeed bonuses from Boosters
I wanted a cool level 20, and this sounds cool. Maybe broken, but cool, and that's what counts.
- New Level 20 Talent: The Beacon(Requires MEKAfall, available at Level 4): Call Mech cooldown reduced by 40%(scaling, just as Call Mech cooldown does), and the cast range of MEKAfall is increased by 800%
Blizzard is removing MEKAfall with the rework, so I felt I had to include something here to show my love for what is soon to be a removed talent.
And that's the end of these posts. I guess the last thing there is to say is that my reason for doing this was driven by one simple thing: The last patch for D.Va was in December of 2018, and the only balance change between then and was undocumented(the Self-Destruct rework, which IMO is overall a nerf), and I think that's too long of a time for a hero that is considered to be a joke among the community. Some balance changes in all that time would have been nice.
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 8
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 4
- For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 6
© Post "For every week that D.Va doesn’t get a balance patch or get reworked, I’m going to post 7 QoL or Balance adjustments. Week 9" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!