Latest Master/Diamond statistics. Three talents have both subpar winrate and 4%-8% popularity.
In addition to performance, we can see that talents that feel good tend to dominate, either because they're comfy or boost key aspects of the hero. You can hardly go wrong the feel-good range Superior Schematics adds, or Ark Reaktor that both reduces bomb cd and adds guaranteed damage.
Tier 1 is notable. Offense aside, Rocket Boots gives a tasty range bonus, while Big Game Hunter allows getting Turrets much faster. Each feels like an improvement on your core kit. But One Man Wrecking Crew doesn't compete design-wise. It rewards good use of Basic Attacks, but BGH already does that.
Master Blaster and Overcharged Capacitors could also use a minor buff, but their design is nicely complex and rewarding so pure numbers should do it.
One Man Wrecking Crew could get more 'destructive', and maybe +1 max charge.
- Idea 1 – The damage bonus is doubled vs shields. Adds an unique bonus to the talent, great for a Basic Attack build and as a laning boost vs the likes of Artanis.
- Idea 2 – Grants 2 charges when hitting 2+ heroes with W and E. Hybridizes with the mage build.
- Idea 3 – Xplodium Charge stuns non-Heroes and structures for 3 seconds. What old Ripper used to do. A Wrecking talent would be best for adding some anti-structure power back to Gaz.
- Idea 4 – Scrap generation to hybridize with the Turret build. Say, Hheroes hit by Xplodium Scrap drop scrap. Or add scrap on killed Mage Minion, Catapults, & Forts.
EZ-PZ Dimensional Ripper can hybridize with mage elements or go further into melee territory.
- Idea 1 – Add cd reduction on enemies hit by W and/or E and/or Basic Attacks, to use more often and add an extra reward to damage output.
- Idea 2 – Add armor/damage reduction/armor on W and/or E hitting Heroes, adding part of the effect outside its cooldown.
Positive Reinforcement could use a bit of PvE, like its brothers, to feel so much better. Note that Gazlowe's talents don't benefit from attack speed against non-Heroes, since Robo's poison is limited.
- Idea 1 – Make the bonus apply to Mercenaries and Monsters too, like BGH. Considering that Robo's poison is capped, this shouldn't be too crazy. Can make it 20% vs non-Heroic units instead.
- Idea 2 – Added: Every 5th Basic Attack causes the nearest Rock-It! Turret to fire a piece of Scrap. Makes this another option for Turret builds, and honestly seems like a really fun mechanic.
Firin' Mah Lazorz is largely seen as a combo tool, aka Gravo's buddy. Scroll to the Talent Builds down below, and at the bottom you'll see a pure Turret build with Gravo and this talent, meaning a) it gets picked most in this build, and b) it's kinda bad. You can also filter by Unique Lvl 16.
- Idea 1 – Added: Also increases Deth Lazor range by 20%. This doesn't really improve combo potential, but Lazor's overall use in fights, notably its backline reach. Nice and simple.
- Idea 2 – Take Xplodium's cd reduction from Reaktor and add it here, then have Reaktor also create 3 Scrap when its Turrets expire. A very odd idea that's meant to aid diversity. Q builds could choose between giving Turrets burst or getting more Scrap, E builds cd reduction or Turret spawn.
As an extra note, there's a diversity issue where every tier has a single Turret build talent. This kinda limits your options, especially when going Q build. After all, synergistic talents are balanced around said synergy. Rock It Sock It isn't nearly as good when you can't spam Turrets. Level 13 as an exception isn't enough, and also… ain't an exception. Q Gaz will just get Schematics, unless he picks Spell Power for Firin' Mah Lazorz and Gravo.
While interesting in how they handle your resource, BGH, Fusion and Raining Scrap deal solely with casting Q more often. I wonder if Fusion should be replaced with another mage talent and somehow fuse itself with It's Raining Scrap, or gain a secondary function with its Scrap generation reduced. Like, cast E at the end of Lazor when hitting 2+ heroes, or give Reaktor's E cd reduction here, thus Lazor would buff both of your other basic abilities.
- Gazlowe Buff Ideas – Burning Rage? Turrets Firing Scrap?
- Bomb Gazlowe is Finally Complete! 💣💣💣
- Gazlowe Rework Part 2 – Embrace the New!… + Couple Concerns
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "Gravedigger Gazlowe Skin Sketch & Talent Suggestions for Diversity" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.