Content of the article: "How about keeping medallion but just not making it permanently anti-CC."
I really like the medallion, but that's because I mostly play melee assassins so cc chains are what my nightmares are made of. But I think the reason why medallion *feels bad* to many is that it comes with no trade-offs for the individual player (it only makes my life better); instead all of the tradeoff is in the hero pool. CC heroes are punished, heroes weak to CC are rewarded. Here is a way to make it feel better:
Make the medallion a part of a player's loadout with their hero choice and cosmetics. It becomes the HOTS equivalent of a summoner spell from LoL; where you can pick from a limited set of a few options.
- Move speed increase plus unblockable (like dehaka or malthael)
- Temp attack speed increase
- Temp spell power increase
- a weak damage spell/aoe centered on hero, probably better as a poison cloud DoT than instant damage.
No matter which one you pick, it has the super long cooldown timer and only lasts for a few seconds max. However, this way heroes that rely on CC aren't permanently weakened by adding medallion, and players that don't get as much use from self-cleanse can get a small bonus instead that matches their play style on that hero.
If self-cleanse is the obvious metapick out of these 6 in all circumstances, then we'd be tacitly admitting that CC is overpowered in current HOTS and keeping the medallion as-is would be justified. If that's not the case, then I think the medallion-with-options adds an extra level to the skill ceiling across the board while also having advantages: A) It brings some additional continuity between heroes to ease the learning curve and make the game a little more forgiving. B) It doesn't so broadly upset the meta by tilting the game in one direction for everyone. C) It increases the feeling of customization of a heroes gameplay to match the player's style when many talent trees end up in a "meta" build.
- What if medallion was only available after X seconds of chain CC?
- New Co-op Content Needed – Alternative to Ranked PVP
- Medallion actually has a lot of potential if tweaked
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "How about keeping medallion but just not making it permanently anti-CC." specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- For the next anomaly, blizzard should look at tanks
- Maiev’s level 16 W talent Cruel Chain’s Movement speed buff needs to be reworded.
- Hogger’s Design Power Creep
- Having high latency in Heroes sucks, and here is an option Blizzard could add to improve the experience.
- Hero Rework: Probius
- My Concept for a Support-focused Probius Redesign
- Zug Zug
- Everything wrong about Nova
- Kael’Thas: I’m not the first, but this is the rework I would like to see.
- At this point, we all should accept that not everybody can be happy with any hero release, no matter who they are
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.