I was an alpha player that has been mostly playing dota for awhile. But I re-installed this game again and I consider it still extremely fun. It has a good niche with its character design and objective play.
But by far, two of the biggest issues to me are Blackheart's Bay and Warhead Junction. BhB isn't even a bad map in the first place, but for it to be a fun map it requires you to be drafting around its play-style.
QM doesn't give you that opportunity at all, and bad games of BhB are excessively long drags (even if you win) that honestly make me feel kinda drained and wanting to go play something else afterwards.
Certainly there's always character and playstyle preferences on any map, but it's not usually so bad imo because the objectives effectively force team-fighting. You still feel like you're playing the same game, and it's over with quickly.
I'm sure the ability to blacklist up to two maps is asked for all the time, and it probably would take engineering effort on blizzards part to implement it into MM. But imo, a big part of why this game struggled is due to usability faults like this.
these are old numbers but I don't believe it'd be an issue of people who love BhB not being able to find games either because the spread isnt horrible. The closest analog is world of warcraft where virtually every horde player blocked AV and IOC, but those maps were egregiously asymmetrical and didn't belong.
- Help me archive every Smash guide/resource on Google Docs, Sheets, etc. before it’s too late
- Automated Inventory Tracker in Google Sheets, options for auto-encumbrance, coin weight, quick item search
- Lost Sectors Exotics Drop Chance
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "I really wish we could blacklist maps in QM – Whining Rambling of a returning player" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- Wednesday Esports Discussion – June 9
- Talent change ideas for some heroes (long)
- Say that we got Fighters of the Storm, and each character had a super move akin to what you see in Injustice 2 or Mortal Kombat 10/11. What would you have the super move be?
- Johanna Rework – Design Analysis & Feedback
- Heroes of the Storm hits its highest Twitch stats since December 2018 while Blizzard support drops to all-time lows.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.