Content of the article: "In hindsight, I’m kind of glad Blizzard decided to pull support for this game"
Now, I'm sure you read the title. Before you get your torches and pitchforks, hear me out. I love this game. This is my favorite Blizzard game, hell, maybe even my favorite video game in general. And I think it's a good thing that Blizzard has decided to leave it alone.
In my opinion, Blizzard was easily the best video game company of the 2000's. Now they're competing with EA for the title of worst. You are no doubt aware of the decisions Blizzard has been making in the past year or so. A generous person might call them questionable. I'm going to call them batshit insane. Diablo Immortal. Pulling the plug on Starcraft 2. The Blitzchung fiasco. Shadowlands and the Overwatch sequel. Don't even get me started on Warcraft 3 Reforged – How they managed to fuck up a beloved 15 year old game is beyond me. And now the new progression clusterfuck in Hearthstone. They're not even being subtle anymore, they're just trying to squeeze every last penny out of their once-loyal playerbase before moving on to another cash grab.
So, you're probably wondering how that's relevant to the title of my post. See, the thing is, for all they've ruined their other games, they've left HotS alone. They decided it wasn't going to be a cash cow, so they put it on life support and focused their attention elsewhere. The HotS crew is the most dedicated dev team I've ever seen, and they aren't being micromanaged or pressured to make it all about the money. And while the updates aren't as fast as they used to be, this game is still improving even as the rest of Blizzard is dying.
I love how active the Devs, the Creative team, and all the Community managers for HotS are. You can tell they love their jobs. It feels like Old Blizzard is still alive here in this community, even as the rest of it is just soulless executives trying to make a quick buck.
Sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to share my thoughts. Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day!
- 2nd (annual) Heroes of the Storm Fan-made skin concepts Contest: ANNOUNCEMENT. Let’s find the next Janitor Leoric!
- How about HotS goes back to the roots of the MOBA genre?
- How to convince/persuade my LoL mates, to try HotS?
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "In hindsight, I’m kind of glad Blizzard decided to pull support for this game" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- CCL Season 1 Week 4 Advanced Statistics
- The Lost Vikings Discussion
- [Hero Concept] Eirena, Mystifying Enchantress (Support Hero)
- Which heroes should I try based on my playstyle? (Tanks and or usually)
- The Problem With Abathur – A Rework Idea and Thoughts.
- Icy Veins 2.0 – Builds Updated, New Writers, Overlay App, and more!
- Theme Teams (updated)
- For the next anomaly, blizzard should look at tanks
- Maiev’s level 16 W talent Cruel Chain’s Movement speed buff needs to be reworded.
- Hogger’s Design Power Creep
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.