Content of the article: "Leoric Ideas: Reworking these Old Bones"
Leoric’s talent tree is in a weird spot. He was reworked at a time when developers weren’t as experienced as they are now. This has left him with a few issues.
- Themed tiers on level 4 and 7 are dull mechanically, with level 4 dominated by waveclear as Kneel, Peasants! has around 80% popularity.
- Lack of modern design, namely multi-aspect or dual ability talents.
- Weirdly placed talents, like Hardened Bones on 20.
- Level 20 with three talents around 5% popularity, aided by the above, but also because Leo’s storm talents don’t feel as empowering as his Heroic upgrades.
- No ghost stuff. I get that rewarding death is bad, but Undying is a part of Leoric. A storm talent benefitting the Ghost, though not as its chief function, should be fine as exp isn’t really an issue then. Also tossing the idea of side-Ghost bonuses on level 7, but take ‘em with a grain of salt.
- Couple concerns I won't be touching on here. Skeletal Swing's mechanics may be outdated, and Drain Hope's % damage could be deemphasized to make Leoric a bit less specialized.
Master SL statistics for reference. Now on with the rework! Do add ideas or feedback. Don't focus on balance but on the ideas. For instance, with level 1 and 4 largely buffed, base changes may be needed.
Tier 1 – Sustain n’ Lanin’
- Consume Vitality: Added: Increase Skeletal Swing's damage to non-Heroic units by 20%.
- Fealty Unto Death: Added: Every third Basic Attack instantly kills Minions.
- Ossein Renewal: Added: Activating now also removes roots and slows. (more crucial timing)
Tier 2 – Skeletal Swing and Basic Attacks
- Ghastly Reach: Increase the range of Skeletal Swing by 20%. If it hits at least two Heroes, increase Basic Attack range and damage by 20% for 7 seconds.
- Kneel, Peasants!: Increase the slow of Skeletal Swing by 20%. Basic Attacks extend the slow on affected Heroes by .5 seconds. (Peasants = enemy Heroes! Also 'Kneel' and slows go well together)
- Mithril Mace: Basic attacks and each Hero hit by Skeletal Swing increase Attack Speed by 5% for 5 seconds, up to 30%. While at 30% Attack Speed, Skeletal Swing deals 20% bonus damage to Heroes.
Tier 3 – Utility… and Maybe Undying Buffs?
- Hopelessness: Drain Hope no longer slows you and grants 10% movement speed per second, up to 30%. If it completes, retain the speed for 3 seconds. While a ghost, gain 10% movement speed.
- Royal Focus: Every Hero hit by Skeletal Swing reduces Wraith Walk’s cooldown by 4 seconds and refunds 20 mana. While a Ghost, increase the range of your abilities by 20%.
- Paralyzing Visage: Upon using Wraith Walk, your Wraith becomes invisible for 1 second. Enemies that come in contact with the Wraith are slowed by 25% for 1 second. While a Ghost, activate Wraith Walk to become invisible for 3 seconds.
Tier 5 – Sustain
- Hardened Bones: Gain 30 Armor while Drain Hope is active. If it completes, retain the armor for 3 seconds.
- Ominous Wraith
- Spectral Leech
Tier 6 – Drain Hope
- Crushing Hope
- Funeral Pyre: Damage reduced from 40 to 30. (renamed Burning Despair, why two ‘Despair’ talents?):
- Willing Vessel: Increase Drain Hope’s range by 35%. If it hits a Hero, another is cast from their location on the nearest enemy Hero. (lost when the first one moves too far)
Tier 7 – Storm!
- Buried Alive
- Death March
- Unyielding Despair: Basic abilities recharge 100% faster while Drain Hope is active. If completed, reduce your Heroic Ability cooldown by 20% and gain 60 mana.
- Shroud of the Dead King: Activate to become Protected for 3 seconds, preventing all damage. Passive: Increase the healing of Drain Essence by 50%, and your Ghost benefits from all level 7 talents.
© Post "Leoric Ideas: Reworking these Old Bones" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!