Content of the article: "Ranged meta in Diamond+ leagues"
Ranged meta is a specific problem only in Diamond+ leagues, and it's much worse in Masters+. Most popular heroes – (long)ranged DD (Li-ming, Hanzo, Chromie, Tassadar, Sylvanas) or anti ranged tanks (Diablo, E.T.C., Muradin). First non-antiranged melee is Sonya (19th place).
Also, ranged DD is the best role for climbing. In the current EU GM leaderboard, i saw 39 ranged DD mains (>50% games), 5 tank mains, 9 melee DD mains and 13 bruiser mains.
WHY IS THAT BAD?
Heroes of the Storm never designed for counter ranges. We have many specific anti melee mechanics (percent damage, AoE and reward for 2+ heroes hit), but we don't have anti ranged mechanics (reward for hitting low-HP hero, hitbox debuff, vision debuff with acceptable range). When half of mechanics works bad, and you are forced to be ranged/anti ranged, it's not fun at all.
HOW WE CAN FIX IT
Ranged is a balanced role for Bronze-Platinum, and I don't want to overnerf them. It's problem with game design:
- Remove Medallions and think about other ways to solve CC-problem (unique anti-CC talents, more uninterruptible spells). Selfcleanse is a great buff for ranged heroes (except KTZ), because they lack predictable CC. And it's nerf for all tanks/half of melee DD. In Diamond+, this buff is really terrible. When you are not brawling for nothing, and you force 5-7 fights in the game, 300s cd is enough for making 3-5 fights (especially last fight) like a clown fiesta.
- Allow tanks and melee to dive under keeps. We can start with removing armor debuff.
- Rebalance ranged heroes:
- Li-ming: move mana regen from Triumvirate to Zei's Vengeance.
- Sylvanas: nerf Windranner. Decrease window between E from 5s to 3s.
- Tassadar: rework Archon. In SC2, archons are bruisers. Increase AA damage, but decrease AA range to 4m.
- Cassia: nerf 7 lvl. Surge of Light is still OP.
- Ana: increase Nano cd from 70s to 100s, buff 1-7 unpopular lvls and AA damage.
- Hanzo: add 0,5s cast time for his D, reduce cd from 30s to 20s, increase HP to 5%.
- Brightwing: remove heal from Invisible Friends.
- Add anti ranged mechanics.
- Rework or buff anti ranged heroes (Valeera, Illidan, Samuro, etc)
- ‘Fixing QM matching system’ vs ‘Making QM-Dodge to official function similarly’
- The patch notes a grandmaster would have wished for.
- How does Timeless Relic interact with Oracle’s abilities?
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "Ranged meta in Diamond+ leagues" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- Hogger’s Design Power Creep
- Having high latency in Heroes sucks, and here is an option Blizzard could add to improve the experience.
- Hero Rework: Probius
- My Concept for a Support-focused Probius Redesign
- Zug Zug
- Everything wrong about Nova
- Kael’Thas: I’m not the first, but this is the rework I would like to see.
- At this point, we all should accept that not everybody can be happy with any hero release, no matter who they are
- Probius (Constructive Discussion on a Rework)
- The Problem With Kael’thas – A Rework Idea and Thoughts.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.