I've seen many posts saying that people are quitting hots because of the new anomaly. While I do agree that it is bad and we would be better off without it, leaving the game due to this is stupid.
Firstly, this anomaly will be changed. Just like the previous anomalies, this one will be tuned in order to be acceptable to everyone. Developers have already listened to the community and changed random timing to precise one from PTR to live servers.
Secondly, weather effects are not actually that impactful. Every hero receives the same buff, and while indeed some heroes utilise it better than the others, I do not think that some players will choose specific heroes in order to benefit from the weather. Its impact is low and would have very little effect on the draft.
Thirdly, you hate it because it's new. Most new heroes are considered OP, reworks are considered OP and previous anomalies were also hated. While I must agree that indeed it is hard for the developers to get it right from the first attempt, and they nerf/buff something with time, but mostly the problem lies in the player. With time, the meta adjusts, counterplays become a thing, and the world is becoming much more peaceful. The line between the "game stalling" and the "game changing to an unplayable state" is very thin. If you want the game to change, be ready to accept them. If you do not want the game to change, than don't rant about it stalling and being a "dead game".
The only reason to quit hots because of the update I understand is if you get performance issues. That is really bad and literally makes the game unplayable, unlike other reasons. But as far as I know many players have performance issues straight after the update, so give it 2-3 days and hopefully it will be better for you.
I don't like the weather anomaly as well, but I will adjust to it and will not "quit the game until it's removed". I also hope, that despite the current negativity in the community, you will continue to enjoy the game
- Compilation of things to be fixed about this anomaly
- New Nexus Anomaly REALLY should’ve been a New Map Mechanic
- Does it frustrate anyone else that we see developer responses to things like fan art or other fluff but almost never see discourse on suggestions or feedback (criticism)?
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "Weather effects are bad, but you shouldn’t quit because of it." specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
- Wednesday Esports Discussion – June 9
- Talent change ideas for some heroes (long)
- Say that we got Fighters of the Storm, and each character had a super move akin to what you see in Injustice 2 or Mortal Kombat 10/11. What would you have the super move be?
- Johanna Rework – Design Analysis & Feedback
- Heroes of the Storm hits its highest Twitch stats since December 2018 while Blizzard support drops to all-time lows.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.