Hitman has been my favorite game series since the first game 20 years ago. I have played every single one. I was upset when they borked the series with Absolution, and I was very happy when they fixed it by returning to what made the series great with Hitman 2016.
Here is an article on VG247:
IO Interactive just put out a livestream about Hitman 3, in which they addressed the tone of the game. Expect more Absolution than Blood Money.
This sounds not good. I would not like ANY part of Absolution back. The gameplay sucked, the story sucked. Everything was bad. It was a poor man's Tarantino movie.
In contrast, Hitman 2 (2019) was perfection. It had the perfect balance of the seriousness of being an assassin game balanced with beautiful cheerful, and colorful environments.
So IOI, please:
- Do not let Hitman 3 end up in a "cool" dark violent story like breaking bad or the average tarantino movie. Absolution sucked so hard because it was a hypercynical story and the environments reinforced it to the point where the maps itself were ugly places you did not want to spend time in.
- Don't throw away the lighthearted beauty of the voice acting and stories happening in maps.
For me, the Miami map was the most beautiful hitman map ever created. It had the perfect balance of various gameplay spaces: It had crowd areas, that unlike in Marrakesh, were not a gameplay vacuum. It had tight sneaking areas like the Kronstadt building. And it had this beautiful sense of a real place you want to visit.
Please never lose that core. Beautiful locations you just want to spend time in. Don't drift back into the "dark" locations of Absolution, like the abandoned hospital, or abandoned hotel, or abandoned factory. Hitman was always about visiting beautiful places.
Because sometimes I just play Hitman 2016 + 2019 to sneak around in the maps, just to be in the locations.
- Why IOI is the perfect fit for the 007 game
- How the story plays out kinda bugs me (H3 SPOILERS)
- Nostalgia is hell of a thing. Bought Blood Money/Absolution HD for Xbox One, and going back, you really see how the older games have aged. Especially AI wise. Really makes you appreciate what we now with the game now days.
More about HitmanPost: "“IO Interactive just put out a livestream about Hitman 3, in which they addressed the tone of the game. Expect more Absolution than Blood Money. ” I really hope they will NOT do that. ABsolution was a total catastrophe in gameplay, tone and location design. Stick to what made Hitman2 beautiful." specifically for the game Hitman. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.