Content of the article: "The screenshot that summarises why bot is the way it is."
This screenshot summarises all the botlane issues of the last year.
I'll quote in text format here too:
At levels 1-6, a champion's solo kills grant 20% more experience and assisted kills grant 20% less experience. At levels 7-8, these numbers are reduced to 10%.
Minion solo experience increased to 93% from 92%.
Minion shared experience reduced to 116% from 120%.
What was the context for these changes?
- 9.23 changes were to help top, which felt low-agency at the time. However it is obvious that solo-XP buffs and shared-XP nerfs would end up buffing mid more than anything, being the closest role to the XP-deprived botlane, full of champs that already counter ADCs, making mid the role that prays on the underlevelled ADC the most by far.
- Toplaners being overlevelled makes sense and it makes up for their lack of early map impact, they're mostly melees that need to soak up a ton of dmg while they go in. Darius needs to be ahead in xp to not get melted in teamfights, Syndra/Fizz don't, them hitting lv11 while Ashe is lv8 is an unnecessary gift.
- 10.8 is the funny one: it was a change to encourage solo killing in proplay instead of just waiting for ganks, and then Riot said in the patch notes "we understand reducing shared-kill XP might hurt junglers, we'll react accordingly". But they didn't mention anything about how this would completely gut botlane XP gains. Botlane had to pay the price because junglers were ganking too much early on.
Now I know the usual counter-argument: "it's fair that botlane is XP-deprived because Ashe+Leona are two players and Viktor is only one player, so when they fight is not lv8 vs lv11, it's lv8+lv8 vs lv11".
Allow me to explain why this is absolute bollocks: League isn't about solo laners trying to 1v2 ADC+Supp, it's about skirmishes and teamfights where both teams try to match the same number of champs as the enemy, whether it's 3v3, 5v5, etc. Viktor is ALSO allowed to pair up with teammates in fights, just because he's laning alone, doesn't mean he has to fight in minority fights. In fact if the support is smart, he'll choose to support the lv11 carry instead of the lv8 one in fights where both are present.
Being 3 levels up is equivalent to an extra 1800g from stats (without even considering ability level-ups). When the dragon fight starts, as a solo laner you'll have this raw power advantage over your ADC, even if you both have the same KDA and farm.
Now, botlane is already balanced around lower XP gains, so you can't just give them full XP gains anymore, however a part-revert to the XP gutting from 9.23/10.8 should be considered, instead of permabuffing ADC items to make up for their chronic low stats.
- Impact and Agency are not interchangeable words, and ADC lacks Agency but not Impact
- Skarner players, pls stop maxing Q
- You are most likely going to witness the same pro meta again this year despite item overhaul
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about League of LegendsPost: "The screenshot that summarises why bot is the way it is." specifically for the game League of Legends. Other useful information about this game:
- Releasing six champions per year seems quite excessive when we already have more than 150. We should have more minor updates and full VGUs.
- Xin Zhao could use some moderate buffs
- IWillDominate saying that calling Perkz Lane Kingdom player is misinformation
- [16 FANARTS] All my Ahri fanarts.
- Bilibili Gaming vs. Victory Five / LPL 2021 Spring – Week 3 / Post-Match Discussion
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.