Or 347 mana if you take Presence of Mind and Manaflow Band.
This most recent nerf for Yuumi is more in a long line of very odd choices of how to change her kit.
Just before this change, there was very little incentive for Yuumi to detach from a champion during a fight past laning phase. She is very fragile; either burst or a single piece of landed hard CC will doom her ability to contribute to a fight — so jumping off feels seldom worth the risk.
The 10.13 change (E mana cost
100/115/130/145/160 mana ⇒ 40/45/50/55/60 mana +15% max mana) does a few things:
- Increase the urgency of proccing her passive (the shield and mana restore) while fights are ongoing.
- Massively reduce Yuumi's ability to provide top-off healing.
- Massively reduce Yuumi's ability to provide out-of-combat movement speed.
- Remove large swathes of itemization diversity by making mana an actively detrimental stat to have.
This change changes her play pattern thus: you will always be running out of mana. Proccing your passive, while dangerous, will allow you to run out of mana slightly later. (The passive cooldown scales from 20 to 8 seconds from levels 1-18, and at no point does it ever give you enough mana for a full cast of your E.)
Buying mana, however, will make you run out even faster and harder.
The Mana Problem
Mana from items and runes makes you LESS able to cast E, not more. The vast majority of the cost is the percentile: at level 18, your mana pool supports ~5 casts, and to get a sixth by buying mana, you'd need 2435 bonus mana.
Your mana regeneration and your passive's mana restore, however, get proportionally less useful as your mana pool increases.
- At level 1 with a Spellthief's Edge, it takes one passive proc plus 20 seconds (or 40 seconds alone) to recover the mana for one E. Adding a fully charged Manaflow Band increases this to one passive proc plus 23 seconds (though it decreases the pure regen time slightly to 36 seconds).
- At level 18 with +400% base mana regen from items (e.g. Shard of True Ice + Athene's Unholy Grail + Ardent Censer + Redemption), it takes 13.9 seconds (or 4.4 seconds plus one passive proc) to recover the mana from an E. Adding a fully charged Presence of Mind increases this to 18.4 seconds (or 8.9 seconds plus one passive proc).
Carefully avoiding bonus mana has another problem: Yuumi's Q costs 90 mana at all ranks. Buying mana to support your Q makes your E actively worse, while avoiding mana means your full pool isn't enough for teamfights as short as two spell rotations, in the midgame.
It's also worth noting that Presence of Mind's mana restore, 20% of your maximum mana on takedown, is enough to allow precisely 1 additional cast of your E per takedown.
TL; DR – The 10.13 nerf means buying mana on Yuumi can actively make your E worse. Her overall design has gotten steadily less healthy/interactive over time.
- Imperium — A member of the Insubstantial Eleven where the rules of magic bends around him.
- Swain rework feels like it made him terribly item dependent for too many stats
- Wei as independent hero Hero Concept
More about League of LegendsPost: "Yuumi’s E now costs at least 234 mana at level 18." specifically for the game League of Legends. Other useful information about this game:
- Aurelion Sol: The Forgotten Dragon
- I think it is about time we revert Aurelion Sol’s W.
- All upcoming Set 2 Eternals Leaked/Datamined
- Gragas is an omnipotent god, capable of rewriting reality, trying to blend in as a champion on the rift.
- The most stacked broadcast team LS, CaptainFlowers, Razleplasm, Zirene, Tim Sevenhuysen / SolaFide vs No Org / Unified Grand Prix 2021 Spring / Grand Finals / Pre-Match Discussion
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.