This'll be fairly brief since I've seen a lot of people having issues with Alatreon and Escaton Judgment. If anyone has anything to add or if I said something inaccurate please let me know and I'll amend it asap.
Look at the quest name to see what he starts as (Dawn = ice form, Evening = fire form) bring only the weapon to counter that. Try to damage the horns and during his dragon phase focus and destroy the horns (up to twice). This will prevent him from going into the next phase and he will skip directly back to the one he started with which is the one you're effective against. Rinse & repeat, you can get a topple in the first 2 minutes with this strat.
For the special assignment, he always starts in fire active.
After the horns are broken you can start attacking the tail or whatever else but as soon as he leaves dragon phase make sure you get hits in on the horns.
- Alatreon starts with fire active, you bring ice.
- Once he changes to dragon active, break horns. (wall-banging him here is very effective)
- He will skip ice active and go straight back to fire active.
- Repeat. (up to twice since he only has two horns)
He will never hit ice active in this case so your weapons will always do damage. This should net you easy topples and Escaton Judgment will do pitiful damage to you. I've done runs with a teammate for this but I bet you could use this tactic solo too.
It goes without saying you need a weapon that outputs really good elemental damage. I've seen HH, LS, and CB work extremely well. I've not played with others but the usual elemental powerhouses such as DBs come to mind, just be aware hitting the horns without wall-banging him might be difficult.
Hopefully this helps some of you~
- A Breakdown of Alatreons Mechanics For People Struggling
- Alatreon Charge Blade WR has finally been broken. Heroics CB 4:48 by Boosted and the key to skip the Escaton Judgement with CB
- My best effort to explain Alatreon’s Elemental mechanics. I genuinely want you guys to succeed like I have.
More about Monster Hunter WorldPost: "How to consistently topple Alatreon" specifically for the game Monster Hunter World. Other useful information about this game:
- Rise hit the bullseye in the gameplay department, but I feel like it really goofed in the aesthetic department.
- The “Psuedo-Hammer Counter King” Stormsoul CB Build
- Warning: Opinion. Shared faints are bad because they are contrary to the idea of a friendly multiplayer experience.
- Capcom finally got me: more text than anyone will ever want to read about why I’m a Monster Hunter fan now
- Iceborne is absolute trash and ruins everything I enjoyed about the base game
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.