NO IMAGES IN THE ALBUMS ARE MISSING. It’s a problem with YOUR mobile Reddit app.
All messages about this issue will be ignored.
Capcom did us dirty this time around by locking a hilariously broken set and busted weapons behind an oppressively hard, long and stressful fight. Similar to what Safi did almost a year ago (and Drachen before that), Fatalis wiped out the previous meta almost entirely and replaced it with its own.
Fatalis set not only comes with the literal best possible slottage in the game, but unlocks every single Secret set bonus in the game, including QoL like Divine Blessing 5. And unlike Safi set bonus, it comes with actual sharpness/ammo management in the form of the excellent True Razor Sharp/Spare Shot (yes, we are done with MT for now!). Oh and it gives you Health Boost 3 and Stamina Cap Up by default, because lol?
You can obviously unleash your creativity with a set like this, but for all minmaxers we still want to provide optimized damage sets for general hunting.
Now because Fatalis is an extremely hard monster, a lot of players might want better gear before tackling the hunt, or might not to farm it at all. For all these people, here’s the previous meta compilations:
- Vanilla to Rajang Compilation
- Safi’jiiva to Alatreon Compilation
Most of these albums are the work of Mathalos Nest‘s number crunching team. You’re welcome to the server if you have any question or suggestion about the builds.
As usual, here’s what you should expect (and not expect) from this compilation.
- The meta in MHW is, for several reasons¹, a damage-oriented meta. As such, the builds listed here will show the highest damage options available for every weapon type. Builds based on a different criteria (support, “tanking”, evasion etc) are NOT included in this list, but you are totally free to use them if you want.
- These builds are mainly fit for solo play, but can be used for multiplayer as well as long as you understand the difference between solo and MP (higher HP/stagger values, less predictable AI, etc). And honestly, Fatalis armor is so stacked you can just use it in MP as it is.
- The builds are meant for general use unless specified otherwise (e.g. counter-builds).
- As a corollary of the previous point, these are not necessarily speedrunning builds either. Speedrunners often use specific setups for different monsters to abuse some of the game mechanics, which means their sets can’t always be used as general builds through most of your hunts.
- These builds are endgame builds and assume you have access to the entire content of the game (i.e. MR100+). If you haven’t reached endgame yet you can report to the Master Rank Transitional Sets section in the original thread or to the “poverty” builds that are present in some albums.
- The sets here are template builds that assume you mastered the basics of your weapon and you have a general knowledge of how to fight monsters. You are welcome to try out different setups if you want specific skills, especially with how open Fatalis gear is.
¹ To sum them up: damage is the only necessary and sufficient condition to complete any quest ; damage is the only factor that can be calculated objectively, hence optimized for every player; and finally, damage also indirectly reduces the chance of carting by staggering the monster more frequently and reducing the total duration of the hunt.
Base Game Sets
Since the old meta threads have been made obsolete by the IB launch patch, I decided to compile all the current base game meta sets for current patch in one album.
This album is EXCLUSIVELY for people who DON’T own Iceborne and don’t plan to buy it yet. If you do own Iceborne just use Defender weapons and Guardian gear until you get to IB, then read the following section.
Master Rank Transitional Sets
If you’re new to Master Rank and you’re looking for sets to guide you through the story, please report to the Master Rank Transitional Sets section in the pre-Safi meta compilation.
Endgame Meta Sets
Sword and Shield (SnS)
Dual Blades (DB)
Charge Blade (CB)
Switch Axe (SA)
Hunting Horn (HH)
Insect Glaive (IG)
Light Bowgun (LBG)
Heavy Bowgun (HBG)
- Tired of explaining that getting basic ass damage skills isn’t “meta” or “speedrunning”
- Gonna rant some things I hate from World/Iceborne
- There has never been a better time to jump into Monster Hunter World : Iceborne
More about Monster Hunter WorldPost: "Iceborne Meta Builds Compilation: The Fatalis Empire" specifically for the game Monster Hunter World. Other useful information about this game:
- Sharing some charm table information I have gathered from JP/CN sources
- Meta-adjacent jank: SnS set based around OG, Heroics, and Latent power that’s somehow competitive with meta raw builds
- Thoughts about Latent Power on Bow
- Why Dual Blades is so relatively weak and why Piercing Bind sucks compared to other silkbind attacks.
- My opinion with the apex monsters (So far)
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.