Disclaimer: I'm posting this before I've beaten Valstrax so I might be making one further version of this once I do. Until then, please don't put anything about the Valstrax gear in the comments, I'd like to get there myself
So update 3.0 has given us some really nice new rampage skills for parastunlance, and two that're a big double edged sword. The first two are net positives so let's start there:
– Shelling: wide III gives us level 5 wide shelling giving us more overall power and better stunning power with the wyrmstake
– Layered rampage weapons now means that we can fashion hunt much more easily now which doesn't really affect the functionality of the set but is just really nice
And now the double edged skills:
– Paralysis III gives us 20 base paralysis damage which is only 3 less than we got with paralysis II + para atk 3. Adding para atk 3 to this set gives us 29 para before feline specialist. The only thing that gets more is the Volvi gunlance. Unfortunately this ramp up skill comes with a 20 point reduction in our raw damage which is a lot
– Sharpness type IV gives us a really nice chunk of natural white sharpness making us less reliant on handicraft + protective polish to maintain white. It does, however, have the same negative as paralysis III which means that using both together reduces the power of the rampage gunlance to 170 raw
That means that we'll have to choose between a more parastun focused set and one that balances those with raw damage. Level 5 shelling does help to make up the difference somewhat but I don't know right now if it's enough to make up the difference. Personally, I think the best overall setup is going to be shelling: wide III, paralysis III and sharpness type III alongside my parastunlance v2 set. But I have made a set to go with wide III, para III and sharpness IV which leans more into the parastun skills so here it is:
Volvi helm – grinder jwl x2
Kulu mail – Razor jwl
Bagel braces – Razor jwl x2
Bagel coil – Ironwall jwl + artillery jwl
Bagel greaves – Paralyser jwl
Slugger 1, evade extender 1 charm, lvl3 + lvl1 slots – Jumping jwl + Grinder jwl
All together that gets us Artillery 3, Para Atk 3, Guard 3, Slugger 3, Speed Sharpen 3, Razor Sharp 3, Load Shells 2, Evade Extender 2, Guard Up 1, Bludgeoner 1 and Horn Maestro (these last two are just throw-away skills on the armour). For context, the v2 build trades razor sharp and one level of slugger for handicraft 1 and protective polish 3 plus an extra 20 raw. That means that, while this set's likely more comfortable, v2 will be putting out more damage unless you sacrifice a bit of paralysis build up to use the para II ramp up skill or swap out para atk or slugger for some damage skills. Of these, I'd recommend dropping para attack as you're hitting similar values to para II + para atk 3 naturally and feline specialist will mean you're pretty much matching it
Overall, this isn't a big improvement and I'll likely have something better in a bit but I thought this would be a nice update on the state of parastunlance. In summary, it's still fully functional, even slightly better but it feels like you have to be smarter in your choices of how you make it work for you when building your set. I hope this was useful for someone and you have fun using it. Let me know if you can see any ways of improving on this or just the versions you come up with to use, I always love seeing them
- Parastunlance Master Post
- Paralysis Hammer is Finally a Thing! Build + Discussion
- Update 3.0 & Slaplance as Capcom’s Balance Point
More about Monster Hunter WorldPost: "Parastunlance v3" specifically for the game Monster Hunter World. Other useful information about this game:
- I’m not even mad dude
- I’m 90% sure Rhenoplos and Bullfango have formed a suicidal cult.
- 315 hours into Rise, and at this point, I’m done. It’s just missing something that the older titles had, and I can’t put my finger on what it is, exactly.
- Down The Barrel – 1b – Shrapnel Shelling and Heavy Artillery
- Monster Hunter: Rise E3 Reddit AMA Transcript
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.