Disclaimer: This is a TL:DW, with most of this information coming from the main "Behind the Scenes" panel. It's highly advisable that you find time to watch the videos, as there may be information important to you personally that I may not have mentioned. Links to all the panels and other relevant information are provided at the bottom of the post.
Overwatch 2 (Behind the Scenes)
PVP: New Maps & Role Updates
(Confirmed Hybrid Map)
- Tanks have damage reduction and enemies shooting at them generate less ult charge.
- Damage Heroes have a movement speed bonus.
- Supports have automatic health regen.
Trying to make Tanks more like brawlers than protectors.
- Example: Reinhardt has two charges of Fire Strike and can manually cancel Charge.
Weapon 2.0 Soundpass: Overhaul to weapon systems, sounds, recoil, and more
: Kit focused around a Rail Gun.
2CP possibly removed in OW2.
The goal is to make "as many as possible; hundreds".
There will be new areas on old maps for Hero Missions, such as King's Row.
Dynamic World changes, such as weather effects & time of day.
Hero Mission types: Retrieval ("Grab and Return"), Escape, Holdout
Internal Hero Missions: "Wall of Death", Scavenger Hunt, Kill Quest
Old Talent system shown at Blizzcon 2019 has been "blown out".
- Soldier: 76 "Snowplow" build where Biotic Field travels with the player and pushes enemies away.
- Junkrat duel-wielding Grenade Launchers.
- Mercy AoE Rez
Enemy combat not engaging enough at Blizzcon 2019.
Units have been reworked and expanded.
- Breacher, Slicer, Puller, Grunts, Elite Grunts, Artillery/Obliterator
Second Omnic Uprising incoming.
In-game cinematic intros and outros for every mission.
Players' experience going from cinematic to gameplay should be "seamless" and "immersive".
NEW MAP: India
NEW MAP: Toronto
Overwatch League 2021
The 2021 season begins April 16th: https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1363232040032813071
Split into East and West regions:
|Chengdu||New York||Atlanta||LA Gladiators|
Four tournament cycles + playoffs
- May Melee
- June Joust (Hero Pools)
- Summer Showdown
- Countdown Cup (Hero Pools)
- Need help picking a third hero
- MNAV95 after the most recent balance patch, showing which heroes are statistically most likely to win competitive matches
- Gold support player- played Ana in the replay
More about OverwatchPost: "BlizzcOnline 2021 Wrap-up" specifically for the game Overwatch. Other useful information about this game:
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.