Hi Overwatch University,
I'm Major Midget – Educational Overwatch Content Creator, Former Freelancer on Fiverr, and Former Head Coach For Team Dynamo.
Today I'll be showcasing a Succinct and Condensed Guide based on a Review of Masters Team '1Trickers' playing in a Brawl mirror. If you prefer learning things Visually > Textually, here's the Full Review/Brawl Guide: https://youtu.be/ivzJIZ14K8E
There's a lot that's covered (As you'll see by the timestamps at the end) but one key and fundamental aspect of Brawl is To SYNC Reinhardt's Frontal Pressure With McCree Taking a Soft-Flank. There's Three Aspects to nailing this down which I dub 'S.S.S.'
Syncing Reinhardt + McCree – S.S.S.
- When Pushing in, McCree and Reinhardt should (Typically!) not be stacked ontop of eachother. Splitting Away from Reinhardt as McCree onto a soft off-angle can allow you to do 2 Main Things:
- Split Focus: This Allows your Reinhardt to push in deeper whilst attention is being baited elsewhere on the frontline
- Meaningful Damage: The Soft Off-Angle should give you an opportunity to do more meaningful damage (I.E. Get Kills/Damage Heroes) as not only do you have a sightline onto the enemy team past the shield, but also the enemy team will be looking at your Reinhardt, and not you as McCree
- Exceptions: Only Stack on Reinhardt as McCree if you are planning to Flash and Rush the Reinhardt down, or if their Reinhardt has severly over-extended/You think you can punish the Reinhardt
- Splitting Too Far: Try not to split too far, especially against Dive compositions, but even in a Brawl mirror, a D.Va/Opposing McCree will have an easier time dealing with you
- Examples: Lijang Night Market Retake, Havana 1st Point Attack Close Spawn Hold
- Seemingly obvious, but McCree and Reinhardt need to time and sync their pressure – If not, McCree will either engage and get forced out since Reinhardt is not baiting attention, or Reinhardt will be under severe pressure when engaging without McCree
- Many teams will often have an extremely aggressive and rushed playstyle – In this instance, and with the Team 1Trickers, a common issue was with players refusing to spend some time to regenerate cooldowns and match tempo with their team before they push in (Hence it became desynced)
- For instance, Reinhardt not spending time to Regenerate his shield => Pushes in with Half Shield => Has to Back Out Immediately => Indecisiveness
Thanks for reading! Again, the FULL GUIDE containing the concepts down below, visual examples, and a bit of micro/macro for every hero involved! If you play for a Team and would like to have a VOD review, feel free to DM me!
00:00 Spilo Collab V2
00:13 Baptiste Backline L.O.S.
01:25 Damage Heal Doubles Utility
02:03 Early Mistimed Zarya Projected Bubble
02:32 Mei Misses Wall 4Head
03:29 VITAL McCree Mistiming Pressure With Reinhardt
05:20 Avoid Flicking Reinhardt Shield
05:52 Late Baptiste Regenerative Burst x Awkward Immortality
07:07 Bubble Cycling To Maintain Energy as Zarya Between Fights
07:54 Escaping When Rein Dies or Trading Immediately
08:27 Binary Nature of Reinhardt
09:35 Basic Ebb x Flow/Push x Pull
10:14 Mei Wall + Pin + Flashbang Strategy
11:26 Lucio Micro Managing/Enabling McCree To Take Off-Angle w/ Speed
12:36 Matrixing Off-Angle Pressure/Zoning A Lane
13:39 Surefour Quote: "If You Think During a Teamfight, You've Lost"
14:00 Bad Ebb x Flow/Play To Live
15:20 Mei Walling To Block L.O.S. x Awkward Cryo
16:16 Playing Extremely Fast Vs Playing Extremely Slow – Choose One!
17:37 Reiterating Matrixing Off-Angle Pressure So McCree Carries
18:00 GENIUS Rotation To Flip The Map – Enemy Have 0 Map Control
20:40 Class A Map Control
- Lucio Mains: ENABLE Teammates, DISABLE Enemies
- MEI GUIDE (0 – 4000SR)
- Torb Mains: TURRET Is Your Burglar Alarm!
More about OverwatchPost: "BRAWL Guide: SPLIT, SYNC, SPEED" specifically for the game Overwatch. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.