Content of the article: "Gaming Health & Performance AMA (MONTHLY) – From medical professionals who have worked with LAV, LAG, GZ Charge (Birdring, Kevster, Space, Agilities, Kariv, etc.)"
Hi all – We had a great response with these AMAs from last month and in other communities so we decided we're going to be hosting these every month! As a random I was also a GM in the early seasons (roadhog 1.0 babyeee)
My name is Dr. Matthew Hwu and I’m a Doctor of Physical Therapy who has worked with a few pros to manage and prevent their injuries. I’m also a part of 1HP, a team of medical professionals who only have one mission: Help gamers play more and hurt less. We want gamers to be better and have created a home-base at 1-HP.org for gamers to learn everything they need to know about staying healthy. Over the past 5 years we have worked with professional esports players in almost every gaming title (pros from LAV, LAG, GZ Charge, Chengdu Hunters, EG, 100T, CLG, IMT, DIG, COL, FPX, NIP, T1, NRG and more) to manage issues relating to their health and want to push our community to be more mindful of the pillars of health:
- Movement (Exercise, Injury Management, Posture)
- Environment (Ergonomics, Sleep, Habits)
- Nutrition (Noms)
- Mindset (Mental Performance, Social, Emotional, Psychological Wellbeing)
We (Dr. Matthew Hwu, Dr. Elliot Smithson, Dr. Caitlin Mcgee, Dr. Jon Chung DC, Dr. Kevin Ho) are here today to answer any possible questions you might have! So ask away 🙂
- 7 Best Science-Based Wrist Exercises for gamers
- CARPAL TUNNEL IN GAMING IS A MYTH
- Stretching & Strengthening routines to address pain in different regions
- Posture and ergonomics guide
- Gaming ergonomics 101 YT series
- What everyone needs to know about gaming injuries
If you want to reach out on Twitter we are always happy to help as much as we can:
Elliot – https://twitter.com/1HP_Medic
- Some changenotes for you as requested… although we can’t do it all!
- repost from 2018 How to protect your wrists from injury.
- The Viking Way
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about OverwatchPost: "Gaming Health & Performance AMA (MONTHLY) – From medical professionals who have worked with LAV, LAG, GZ Charge (Birdring, Kevster, Space, Agilities, Kariv, etc.)" specifically for the game Overwatch. Other useful information about this game:
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.