Hey everyone! ImJustJun (yes that's on purpose) and I make patchnote guides and I'm trying to get into other educational content.
In this post I'm going to be going over the keypoints of the April 15 Experimental Card. If you want a visual representation of the differences, you can watch this
Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire) (Buff and Nerf)
- Healing projectile explosion reduced from 60 to 50 health
- Healing projectile direct impact now restores an additional 20 health
Immortality Field (Nerf)
- Now protects teammates to a minimum health threshold of 10% maximum health, down from 20%
Notes: Overall this is a buff for Baptiste, allowing him to burst heal up to 70hp on direct hits (same as Ana but it's burst as opposed to being done over 0.6s) while also maintaining a 50hp AOE heal in a 3m range.
The immortality field nerf is negligent because it will still keep teammates immortal when it counts and this nerf doesn't affect immortality field's potential to save your teammate's lives and counter ultimates and powerful abilities.
Call Mech (Buff)
- Damage increased from 50 to 250
Notes: Honestly was surprised to see this buff. It's basically April Fools lite but this buff allows D.VA to oneshot anyone with 250hp (no armor) or lower. Notable characters this can oneshot are McCree, Reaper, Mei, etc. With nanoboost, this does 375 damage, allowing for a D.VA remech to kill any full hp non-tank character in the game. (time to counter Bastion with nano baby dva…)
- When Duplicate ends, Echo will return to the health value she had prior to activating the ability, or to 100 health, whichever is higher
Notes: This nerf somewhat deals with the pains of Echo's ultimate giving her 3 lives but imo it's kind of just a slap on the wrist. At the very least, if Echo uses ultimate to escape dying, she'll be easier to burst down after her ultimate ends, assuming she stays committed to a fight and doesn't get healed immediately upon her ult going away.
Biotic Orb (Buff)
- Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
Notes: More orb spamming which means fast ult for Moira which means more kamehameha. For reference, Moira can currently send up to 6 orbs in one minute. This buff allows her to send 7.5 orbs per minute.
- Cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
Notes: Halt is a powerful ability when used correctly. This change allows Orisa to try displace members of the enemy team more and disrupt the advance of brawl comps more often as well. For reference, currently can use Halt! 7.5 times per minute. This change allows Orisa to use Halt! 10 times per minute.
General (Nerf) 🙁
- Armor reduced from 250 to 200 (Health/armor total reduced from 550 to 500)
Notes: This change affects some breakpoints of what Rein can and can not survive. For this specific change, I tested McCree bodyshots on Reinhardt. Currently Reinahardt will die at 9 McCree bodyshots and on experimental Reinhardt takes 8 McCree shots to die.
Scrap Gun (Primary and Secondary Fire) (Buff)
- Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 6.6
Notes: Currently, Roadhog can do a maximum damage of 150 bodyshot damage and 300 headshot damage (assuming no armor and all pellets hit). This buff changes that to a max of 165 bodyshot damage and 330 headshot damage (assuming no armor and all pellets hit).
This change allows for Roadhog to deal more burst damage to tanks and makes confirming a kill with his Hook combo easier, especially on heroes with wonky hitboxes such as Ana.
- Fade time when entering or exiting Stealth reduced from 0.75 to 0.45 seconds
- Movement speed bonus increased from 50 to 60%
Notes: Overall interesting changes for Sombra but I'm not too sure if she really needs a buff. Sombra is a strange hero in that she gets better the more coordinated the team is, so I'm assuming these stealth changes exist to try and help lower Sombra player's downtime and allow them to attack and escape faster.
- My take on balancing all tanks
- OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – APRIL 22, 2021
- A List of Every Balance Change Blizzard has Made During the 6 Month OWL Hiatus
More about OverwatchPost: "Overwatch Experimental Card April 15 Keypoints and Side by Side Comparison" specifically for the game Overwatch. Other useful information about this game:
- Using IBM Watson to create OWL Play of the Game(s)
- How to turn bad games into good games with shot calling!
- The problem with immortality field is more complicated than you might think…
- Mercy is the best character to get better at the game – Change my mind
- 10 questions to answer before deciding whether to trans a grav.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.