Content of the article: "An attempt to design a Flashback league as a lead-in for Path of Exile 2 Long"
I started brainstorming this idea a while back. What started as just a fun thought experiment, over time turned into a 20 page, 6000 word fan-made expansion concept. I tried to make it easy to read by including formatting, but it is still a lot of text.
If you don't want to read the whole thing, here are some highlights:
- Every challenge league since Talisman makes an appearance.
- The theme is "Choose your own adventure." The player has a lot of autonomy to dictate the type of league they wish to play. Whether that is target farming, crafting, build design, or just a walk down memory lane, the idea was to enable all of those ideas.
- While the league lore is flexible by design, it centers around account-locked Sparks and Matter which the player can spend to augment their league experience. These rewards can be used to accelerate fragment/splinter acquisition, ignore league content you dislike, directly unlock rewards NOW, or delay rewards for greater effect later.
- This league experiments with the idea of account-locking ways to accelerate your progress, but not account-locking the rewards themselves. The more you interact with old leagues, the more you can control their reward structure.
- A new influence type is added, called "Charged." Thematically, it is about charging up specific aspects of items at the cost of others. In practice, it is more complicated. In fact, Charged items have different effects depending on their rarity!
- I added a lot of my thoughts throughout, but I also tried to separate them to the bottom in a section titled "Themes and Design Goals"
- Because Harvest introduced a lot of new stuff, it wasn't clear how to place it. You may see a few locations where I highlight balance uncertainty with a prefixed "?"
Let me know what you think! This is my first time designing something at this scale.
- Deterministic crafting – easy implementation and a happy medium
- Trading hundreds of low-medium value items in PoE without going insane
- Is Path of Exile becoming too tedious/bloated to play for anyone else?
© Post "An attempt to design a Flashback league as a lead-in for Path of Exile 2 Long" for game Path of Exile.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!