I recently posted a proof of concept for a trauma-stacking Juggernaut that I have been working on.
I finally finished it up and wanted to share it.
While /u/Mathils did post something
recently, this takes the Trauma stacking a bit further.
To start off, some notable highlights:
The pros of the build are:
– Ramping damage (if you are into that), from ~5 mil at 100 stacks, ~10 mil at 150 stacks, and ~25 mil at 200 stacks.
– High life regen (realistically ~25k per sec)
– High survivability (90% physical damage reduction, 66% up time on Immortal Call, Fortify)
The cons of the build:
– Ramping damage… Starting out on a boss can be painful – Same goes for mapping
– Ramping life regen
– Struggles with a lot of map mods – No (mana) leech, no regen, No stun, -res (as we facetank a lot), to name some
– Risk of suicide if you get unlucky with incoming hits when ramped too high
– This is more like a vanity build. If you like the concept, and the playstyle of a bruiser, the build feels really cool, BUT
– It does not do high-end bossing very well. I have done Shaper etc., but failed to do The Hidden, as the ramp up is just too slow for such a high pace boss fight..
Right – If you are still around, lets get to how the build works:
– Divergent Boneshatter gives 1% attack speed per trauma stack at 20% quality
– Each Trauma stack counts as a buff for the purpose of Mantra of Flames
– Our stacks now each give 4% more damage (from a lvl 20 Boneshatter), 3% increased attack speed, and 5-12 added flat fire damage, so all we need is to S T A C C
– Trauma stacks have a base duration of 6 seconds, which is extended with various sources of skill effect duration to ~18 seconds
– Using a Brightbeak, with a base APS of 2.1, we can reach around 150 stacks on average, giving us 600% more damage, 450% AS, and 750 to 1500 flat fire damage, which is pretty decent.
– Problem: We now take 150 * 256 = 38.4k physical damage every time we hit. With 150 stacks, we have ~15 APS, which means we take 38.4k * 15 = 576k physical damage per second…
– Solution: The massive skill effect duration lets us have permanent uptime on Enduring Cry and a high uptime on Immortal Call. Using Warcy Buff effect from passives and a Crusader shield, the buff from Enduring Cry makes each endurance charge give +3% physical damage reduction. In combination with the Unrelenting Juggernaut ascendancy node, each endurance charge now give 8% physical damage reduction.
– We achieve 80% physical damage reduction with 10 endurance charges (3 base + 3 from tree + 1 from ascendancy + 2 from rings + 1 from warlord boots). We get the remaining 10% from a Warlord amulet, and the Gruthkul pantheon.
– We further reduce the damage taken using Fortify (20% less) (from a corrupted Brightbeak or support gem), and Arctic Armour (13% less). This results in 0.1*0.8*0.87 = 7% physical damage.
– As a result we "only" take 576k*0.07 = 4k physical damage per second. This is reduced even further whenever Immortal Call is up.
– Using the Unbreakable Juggernaut Ascendancy node, we get 15% of physical damage prevented as life regen (when we average out each regen instance). We prevent 576k * 0.93 = 535.7k physical damage each second, meaning we get 535.7k * 0.15 = 80k life regen (After sustaining 150 stacks for 10 seconds).
The rest is history, and can be seen in the PoB https://pastebin.com/w4KtFKnw .
Note that the Mantra of Flames interaction with Trauma stacks does not work in PoB, and has thus been hard-coded into the Dialla's Malefaction.
Hope you enjoyed this write up, although it got a bit long.
If you are interested in running the build, or have suggestions for improvements, let me know.
- Underpowered Juggernaut Ascendancy and Endurance Charges
- Boneshatter build in progress
- Return of the Bodyswap totems (Chieftain)
More about Path of ExilePost: "Trauma-stacking J U G G (100-200 stacks)" specifically for the game Path of Exile. Other useful information about this game:
- Phys trapper vs. endgame, getting one-shot and lacking damage
- Mahuxotl’s Forbidden Rite Occu
- [FEEDBACK REQUIRED] Looking for players (beginners & veterans) to test a kind of different approach to a build guide in view of the upcoming league (HC viable)
- LF Build v. Challenges Advice (Long)
- Scourge in the core game
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.