- Small sample, actual numbers may differ
- Path Not Taken mandatory
- Harvest: 26% (41% if 4x Zana 2 extra maps)
- Delirium: 48%
- Synthesis: 4%
- Elder/Shaper: 50%
Full-length story + analysis
in recent days I was running Atoll maps to finish some of my gear. I decided to run Zana missions while doing so and note down what missions I was being offered from Zana.Since I was running Zana missions, I have invested in Paths not Taken atlas passive.
Here is the result of the first 50 runs and what can you expect to see
- 164/164 Bonus Objectives
- 164/164 Awakening Bonus Objectives
- Master of the Atlas > Paths Not Taken
- Secrets of the Stones
- Close Allies
- So far I tracked only 50 Zana mission runs. I will keep on tracking it till I quit the league or the league ends. I will occasionally update this post
- During the runs, there were 2 interesting runs. Number 42 and 49.
- Run number 42: I was offered the Untainted paradise map)
- Run number 49: I was offered the Cortex map
On average Zana offers 13 different maps.
Zana offered me:
- Harvest 13 times (26%); 2 different Harvest maps once
- Synthesis map 2 times (4%), 1 of which was Cortex (and I dropped god damn gloves)
- Delirium map 24 times; 2 different Delirium maps twice
- Elder/Shaper map 25 times; 6 times 2 or more in a single window
How to increase your odds of getting your desired map
Since I was running Atoll maps, my main concern/goal was to get as many Harvest encounters as possible. For that reason, I am heavily invested in Harvest-related watchstones.
Better watchstone for Zana farming would be
- Magic Titanium Watchstone with Zana Missions in Area have 1-2 additional Map options mod
At the time of publishing the price for 1 additional Map option starts at 45c; 2 additional Map options 3ex.
Update 2: At the time of publishing the price for 1 additional Map option for the Haewark Hamlet region is 80c; 2 additional Map options 20+ex.
For other regions 1 additional Map options: 45c; 2 additional Map options 3+ex (always depends on region)
- Unique Platinum Wachstone with Zana Missions in Area have 3 additional Map options modAt the time of publishing the price starts at 30c
Since expecting to sustain/always running Unique watchstones seems like a silly idea (currently there are only 109 on the market). Let's assume you would use 4x times 2 additional map options.
My math may be wrong in here (but somebody will for sure correct me if that's the case) but…
- With a 26% chance for Harvest mission with 13 maps on average, there is approximately a 2% chance for a map to be Harvest mission.
- According to my knowledge above-mentioned Zana-related watchstone mod adds Map options into Zana's map pool after Path Not Taken's line Zana Missions in Areas have double the number of Map options takes place.This means, that 4 times 2 additional map options will give you 8 extra maps, not 16 as some may assume.
8 times 2% for Harvest = 15% extra chance to be offered Harvest. Totaling in 41% chance to be offered Harvest.*(no, we cannot do 2 x 8% = 16%, that's not how probability works. We have to do 1 – (1 – 0.02) 8~~ 100% = 14.92%)~~* : If we assume that Zana gives 13 maps on average and we add 8 maps into the pool of the maps, while having a 2% chance for the Harvest per map, there is a 1 – (1 – 0.02)21 100%* ≈ 34.57% chance per Zana mission to get the Harvest
- I was not tracking my natural Harvest occurrences, starting with 51. Zana's mission I will start to do so. But so far I feel like I was either running Harvest in the map or from Zana's mission every 1 in 3 maps.
:Math calculations were a bit off… fixed. :The price for the Titanum Haewark Hamlet Watchstone was off by a lot… fixed.
- Zana is about 25% chance to spawn harvest. Data from 100 missions.
- Felt like Harvest never appeared in Haewark, so decided make a log of 100 maps (which also includes other past league mechanics)
- How worthwhile is the “Harbingers drop rarer value currency shard” watchstone? 100 t8 pens with vs 100 t8 pens without.
More about Path of ExilePost: "Zana missions farming with Paths Not Taken passive – what can you expect to see" specifically for the game Path of Exile. Other useful information about this game:
- I’m looking for help/ideas for my… Power Charge Stacking Arc Discharge Archmage Assassin?
- Need help with Oro’s Flicker Strike Build
- Looking to be more survivability – 1h Cyclone Slayer
- How make this build more tanky (Necro Spectre SO Cold Conversion)
- 3.14 Maven Atlas skill tree guide. Copypasted from a shady website so I don’t have to keep looking at that site.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.