Cheating is a problem that affects the entire community. The problem requires a holistic solution of game design changes, automated systems, and player reporting. While we will continue to invest significant resources internally, we also receive kind and heartfelt requests from players who want to do their part to improve the PUBG player community. With those players in mind, we are announcing the Community Anti-Cheat Initiative, a specific channel in Discord which gives players the ability to submit reports via the PUBG Discord. This channel will be opened soon after the application period closes – read on for more info on how to apply.
Is this a replacement for in-game reporting?
No. In-game reporting systems will always be the most efficient means to report players. These systems train our machine learning algorithms and are critical to ensuring efficient automated banning. However, even with the best automated systems, with millions of players some slip through the cracks. Although Community Anti-Cheat will be less efficient in terms of quantity, it is a more efficient way to ensure that players like this are identified.
What types of cheaters can be reported?
Some types of cheating are very easy to identify, and others are more difficult. As we take bans extremely seriously there will be strict evidence requirements that all players must follow when submitting reports. We may relax this over time, but we plan to keep the requirement high initially to ensure high quality reporting and fairness. Initially we will accept reports of the following types:
- Usage of unauthorized programs & hardware devices that promotes unfair gameplay
- Cooperation of players not on the same team in order to cheat or deceive other players
- Disrespectful or use of offensive actions towards others based on their race, gender, nationality, etc.
- Exploiting game vulnerabilities
- Users exploiting game errors and bugs for their own advantage
- Inappropriate nicknames
- Intentional / malicious teamkilling
What’s required in a report?
- Exact name of the player being reported
- Infraction Type
- Platform (PC, Console, Stadia)
- Video evidence of infraction
- Explanation of infraction, including date
For the initial launch of this program, statistical evidence is not sufficient.
How can I help?
If you see in game behavior that meets the criteria above, players will be able to join the Discord and file a report. Reports will be peer reviewed by other players with a long history of good standing in the community, and will have the appropriate sanction applied by PUBG Corp.
For any experienced players who want to go that bit further, we’re opening up applications for the “Community Reporters” discord role – These reporters will be able to assist and review other community members' cases that may require further research and will pass the verdict suggestion onto PUBG for action.
Application period: 07/07/2020 – 07/14/2020 3am PDT / 6am EDT / 12pm CEST
Shortly after the open application period closes, we'll open the new #report Discord channel to everyone where you'll be able to submit your reports. Make sure you’re part of the PUBG Discord for the latest updates on the initiative!
- PUBG Shield – NA / EMEA Community Anti-Cheat Initiative
- PUBG Shield – Feb 9 Update
- The future of Pubg. Community mode
More about PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)Post: "NA / EMEA Community Anti-Cheat Initiative" specifically for the game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG). Other useful information about this game:
- Official Community Event Rules – It’s More Than a Bug’s Life
- Interview with Gen.G Inonix
- CQC Tips and Tricks
- Have players on this game just become lame af, compared to 2018? Remembering back, the way people played was wildly different back then
- If you are experiencing stuttering/freeze/lag when aiming/ads/down sights
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.