- 1 1. Why did PUBG MOBILE choose to create an exclusive map?
- 2 2. Why did you choose the Nordic style for the new map and what competitive/strategic experience does the new map wish to bring to players?
- 3 3. The new map features hot springs and waterfalls in the Beta version which are elements not seen on the other maps. Are these features staying when the map is released? Are there other features or secrets to be found on the map?
- 4 4. In addition to the terrain design of the new map, what new firearms/accessories have been added? How do they fit the new map?
- 5 5. Also being a smaller map, why is Karakin not featured?
- 6 Similar Guides
With the new season just a few weeks away we thought now would be the perfect time to talk about the new map that is coming exclusively to PUBG MOBILE, Livik. We sat down with the development team to discuss the new map, what we wanted to accomplish, and how it’s different than the maps currently available in PUBG MOBILE. Check out the full interview below!
1. Why did PUBG MOBILE choose to create an exclusive map?
The idea to create an exclusive new map for PUBG MOBILE started about a year ago. During a personal trip that our PUBG MOBILE Producer took last year, he bumped into a fellow who was playing PUBG MOBILE at a coffee shop. The player wishes to remain anonymous so we’ll give him the name, Jeff. The two of them grabbed coffee and Jeff starts to share more about his personal life.
During their conversation, Jeff shared that he is an avid PUBG MOBILE player, and also a salesperson. Sales as some of you may know is a very time-consuming job with high demands. Due to his busy work schedule, it was pretty frustrating not having enough time to play a full PUBG MOBILE match with his friends, not even on Sanhok.
After their chat, our producer began to think about how there are many different people with various work schedules, life commitments, and circumstances that should be accommodated for. Everyone, no matter who they are or what they’re doing, should be able to get together with their friends and play PUBG MOBILE. Therefore, the Dev team start researching who else in the community was affected in this way. The idea of a map that was smaller in nature, with faster-paced action-packed matches began to take form, and the first-ever battle royale map with an emphasis on shorter 15-minute matches was born.
2. Why did you choose the Nordic style for the new map and what competitive/strategic experience does the new map wish to bring to players?
The idea behind the Nordic style map was based on the personal experiences of our Dev team. We once traveled to the Nordic regions and was taken aback by the scenery. Each location had distinct and memorable vistas from roofs intertwined with sprouting grass, large rustic windmills, and giant fields backdropped by snowy mountains.
After a constructive discussion, the team decided to use these memorable moments to create a new map that featured different scenery not present in any of our past maps. This includes new landmarks, terrain changes, and themes that we feel make this map unique.
When the team decided to create this new map based around short 15 minute matches, the goal was to create a unique gameplay experience. We decided to disregard many of the elements that we’ve focused on in the past while making sure that the core identity of what makes PUBG MOBILE so great was intact.
3. The new map features hot springs and waterfalls in the Beta version which are elements not seen on the other maps. Are these features staying when the map is released? Are there other features or secrets to be found on the map?
In short, yes. We’ve created new elements and interactions for this map that aren’t present in any of the other maps. While some of these may seem jarring at first, we feel they’re going to add many new strategic elements to matches that are already focused on high octane action. The waterfalls around the map will provide unique interactions with the player not available on other maps. The characteristic of the waterfall is the real physical impact of the water flow. Players might even get washed away by rapid water flow when standing on the top of the waterfall. You can also prep with new surprise tactics, such as launching a motorboat off the top of a waterfall to the water below on an unsuspecting team. That is something we’re really excited to see and we believe we can bring the most realistic battlefield experience to our players by constantly innovating while also keeping true to our core battle royale gameplay.
4. In addition to the terrain design of the new map, what new firearms/accessories have been added? How do they fit the new map?
Based on the new map’s short combat time and fast-paced settings, two new firearms will be added to enhance the gameplay experience:
- A. P90 — The original submachine gun from Team Death Match Arena Mode can be obtained on the new map this time. This is also to provide players who like fast-pace combat a refreshing shooting experience.
- B. MK12 burst sniper rifle — The MK12 provides a high-speed burst, which makes this a lethal sniper during fast-paced fights.
- C. The vast majority of sniper rifles, rifles, and submachine guns can now use an extended barrel—— The extended barrel will allow for weapons that usually only excel at close to medium range engagements to push out a bit further. This will help some weapons function better in late-game situations since there will be less time to find the perfect loadout.
5. Also being a smaller map, why is Karakin not featured?
We know that a lot of players are anticipating Karakin or even Erangel 2.0. We promise you that we are working on related content right now. Since Erangel 2.0 has received a lot of attention, we do have some good news to announce, the Dev team is putting the final touches to the map. We know it’s been a while, but by upgrading and replacing the most favorite map of all time, we have to grind this 2.0 map until it meets our expectations visually and performance-wise. We hope all of the players can adapt to Erangel 2.0 smoothly and please look forward to our patch updates in the second half of 2020. PUBG MOBILE will keep releasing schedule according to PUBG PC’s pace.
- PUBG MOBILE Community Event – The History of PUBG MOBILE
- PUBG Corporation Responds to PUBG MOBILE’s India Ban
- PUBG MOBILE Community Event – Costume Bash
More about PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)Post: "PUBG MOBILE Exclusive New Map Interview – Livik" specifically for the game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG). Other useful information about this game:
- Official Community Event Rules – It’s More Than a Bug’s Life
- Interview with Gen.G Inonix
- CQC Tips and Tricks
- Have players on this game just become lame af, compared to 2018? Remembering back, the way people played was wildly different back then
- If you are experiencing stuttering/freeze/lag when aiming/ads/down sights
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.