Content of the article: "General SM, and SM:MM information"
I've been seeing lots of threads about this game, and lots of stuff is getting repeated, or things are just unknown to people. I figured it'd be nice to have this information in one spot.
- What console is coming on? PS4 and PS5.
PS4 will have a free upgrade path to the PS5.
- What is the ultimate edition?
It's a bundle deal that comes with SM:MM and a code for the digital remaster of Spider-Man.
- Can I play my ps4 copy of spider-man on a ps5, or do I have to get ultimate edition to play Spider-Man?
You can play your ps4 copy on the ps5, however it will not have any real ps5 enhancements like the remaster will.
- Can I use my save file from the ps4 on the remaster?
No. It's a remaster. It's essentially a new game, with new trophies.
- Is the bundle the only way to get the remaster?
At this time, that seems to be the case.
- Why do I have to pay a fee to get a ps5 version of Spider-Man? Other companies are doing free upgrades, or will be releasing games on both the 4 and 5 and are doing free upgrade paths. What gives?
Here you will see that the remaster isn't a simple upscale job. Insomniac went back to a 2 year old game and completely updated many assets. There will be better hair, facial animations, skin, eyes, the new model for Peter. Also you'll they added ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Miles Morales. This will allow you to play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. The remaster will be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. They are also adding three new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and new trophies. You might be thinking, well other games that are coming out are doing free upgrade paths, why isn't SM? Well those other games that are coming out around the time of the new console launch likely had this planned into their development and creation time. So it's a task they had to complete because of the fact that the new console was launching in their same launch window.
- What's the cost of the game?
MM solo is $49.99. The ultimate edition(which has MM and the remastered SM) costs $69.99
Hopefully this post answers a lot of common questions, that way we don't have to have so many different threads about the game.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered – The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res
- Why is it so hard to buy Hitman 2? What am I buying (part II)?
- How will “enhanced edition patches” affect cross platform titles going forward?
© Post "General SM, and SM:MM information" for game Marvel's Spider-Man.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!