There are some questions that are asked very frequently in the various Star Citizen communities. When I first started to work on SC Trade Tools, my goal was to provide an accurate, always up-to-date answer to "What's the best trade route?". But with the Greycat ROC hopefully being available in-game in 3.11, the free-fly prospector and the trading exploit, another question has become increasingly frequent: "Where is the best place to mine?". And rightfully so: it is very hard to find accurate and up-to-date data on mining!
So I put my head down for a few weeks and am now able to present to you the SC Trade mining tool! Hopefully you guys find it useful 🙂
Gathering its data straight from the game's files, the /mining page of SC Trade Tools will stay perfectly accurate and up-to-date, patch after patch. It comes with 2 major features:
- Minables price list (see image above), to quickly know if what you've found is worth mining.
- Best places to mine in Star Citizen, powered by the same powerful filters used everywhere else on the website.
All results are ordered by an index I've created from the various data points called "Ore Value Index", or OVI for short.
What goes into the calculation of the Ore Value Index (OVI) of a location?
The Ore Value Index (OVI) takes into account a number of things: individual ore value, deposit purity, geographical abundance of deposits and size of deposit clusters. Think of it as the total value of a volume of space if it were to be strip mined. While this does mean that somewhere with rare but valuable ores could have the same OVI as somewhere littered with medium-value ores, you can look at the OVI breakdown (by deposit and ore) and use the filters to refine the results.
Where is the best place to mine?
Because in the end, that's the real question!
- In a ship, it seems to be Aberdeen, if you were to strip-mine it.
- Even if you only care about the more valuable ores, Aberdeen is still the best place to go due to its abundant Gneiss deposits.
- Where can you find the most Quantainium? On microTech's moons, by quite a margin at that!
- Is the Aaron Halo really that good? Kinda, unless you're looking for Q-Type asteroids: in that case Yela's ring is better.
- Is it true that Arial is the best place to mine with the ROC? Actually, most places have an equal amount of Hadanite! If you want to avoid Dolivine though, Arial & microTech are the best.
More mobile friendly
In this release of SC Trade Tools, I've also worked hard to improve the mobile friendliness of the website: both the forms and the navigation had a improvement pass!
See you in the 'Verse!
- There's a dedicated feedback issue in the project's GitHub page.
- If you find a bug/have a suggestion, please report them here.
- If you want to support the project, you can do so here or here.
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have below. Happy mining!
- 3.11 Miners’ patch notes (Summary) Data-Mining
- 3.12 Miners’ patch notes (Summary) [Data-Mining]
- 3.12 Traders’ patch notes (Summary) [Data-Mining]
More about Star CitizenPost: "I automated the data-mining of the mining data!" specifically for the game Star Citizen. Other useful information about this game:
- 3.13.0 to 3.16.0 and Teams Progress Watch – Update 2021-04-21
- Dual Stick – Tank Controls (please help refine my solution)
- I had never seen the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice until today and it looks practically insane…
- Exploration ships and Pyro – A plea to CIG
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.13.0o PTU.7293148 Patch Notes
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.