Amon's forces have been altered by the terrazine on Bel'shir in unexpected ways. Increased adrenaline triggers unpredictable transformations and each new death unleashes new hostile forms. The most powerful of them have even developed nuclear capabilities.
Map: Mist Opportunities
Enemy units have a chance to transform into more powerful units whenever they deal damage.
Mutually Assured Destruction
Enemy Hybrid units detonate a Nuke upon death.
All enemy units spawn Broodlings upon death.
Rating: Brutal +4
Video Replays on Brutal:
|Player 1||Player 2|
|Arcturus (Merchant of Death Arcturus)|
|Arcturus (Architect of War Karax)|
|Ancalagon (Frightful Fleshwelder Stukov)|
|Galle (Hierarch of the Daelaam Artanis)|
|1||Zergling, Marine, Baneling|
|2||Reaper, Zealot, Roach, Hellion, Widow Mine, Hellbat|
|3||Marauder, Firebat, Adept, Sentry, Hydralisk|
|4||Stalker, Dragoon, Mutalisk, Goliath, High Templar|
|5||Viking, Warhound, Phoenix, Infestor, Banshee, Scout, Viking|
|6||Siege Tank, Oracle, Cyclone, Ghost, Swarm Host, Lurker|
|7||Ravager, Immortal, Archon, Voidray, Disruptor, Liberator|
|8||Broodlord, Ultralisk, Battlecruiser, Thor, Carrier, Tempest, Reaver|
|9||Loki, Hybrid Nemesis, Hybrid Reaver, Hybrid Destroyer|
|10||Hybrid Behemoth, Hybrid Dominator|
- Whenever an enemy kills one of your units, it transforms. Avoid losing ANYTHING whenever possible.
- Enemies transform into tiers based on the supply of the units they kill. An enemy that kills a Zealot (2 supply) will level two tiers.
- Units have a chance to transform into Hybrid. And those ALSO detonate nukes.
- Hybrid nukes detonate INSTANTLY after the death animation. Yep.
- Alien Incubation spawns a number of broodlings proportionate to the slain unit's supply cost.
- Spawned broodlings can transform into units.
- Enemy units, upon transforming, return to full health. Make sure to focus the strong ones before they become Hybrid.
- The enemy is really effective at clearing out spider mines now. If you want to use them, make sure to place them at the exact spawn points, rather than the pathing. Alternatively, add ranged units to draw aggro away from the mines.
- The broodlings sometimes wander into your expansions and transform up to hybrid as they kill workers. It's a good idea to have some form of static defense or have insanely fast reactions to avoid losing workers.
Do you like this mutation?
Clearly Superior Version:
Maguro's Mutation List
- Co-Op Mutation #261: Conflagration
- Co-Op Mutation #262: Explosive Results
- Co-Op Mutation #254: Flipping Out
More about StarCraftPost: "Co-Op Mutation #255: Growing Threat" specifically for the game StarCraft. Other useful information about this game:
- Blizzard Banned Me For 72 Hours into Prepatch. Not Answering My Appeal Directly… Now simultaneously apologizing and finally addressing it but it comes WITH A BAN? Conflicting Message :(
- Artosis is Correct and Guy in Chat Doesn’t Understand Mixed Strategy Equilibria
- Does anyone else disconnect several times a day?
- EPT 2021/22 Began!The DreamHack SC2 Masters: Summer is coming, and the qualifiers began today!
- Commander Guide from NGA for the Current Mutation: #264 Power Trip
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.