Dear Starcraft friends,
I'm a computer science student and a Starcraft player who is looking for a monitor to use with my 13-inch laptop. Starcraft is basically the only game I play and even if I'd played for less than a year, I really love it.
My laptop is an Asus UX331FN with an Intel Core i7-8565U 1.8-2GHz (8CPUs), 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD and Nvidia MX150 as GPU, aside from the default Intel HD620 graphic card.
Lately, as it was Black Friday, I've been looking for a good monitor to use as a display screen for my laptop, which will be used as a desktop, during the long time I'm in front of the computer at home. I'm also a Starcraft II player, so the monitor should be also good for gaming (Starcraft II don't have high requirements though). I'm looking for 27 inches, with QHD (2560x1440p) resolution and curved. If it's 144 Hz and 1ms then it would be great. I've been searching for a while and I've found two candidates:
- AOC CQ27G2: 27", QHD resolution, curved (1500R), 144Hz, 1ms, 250cd, VA panel, 8 bits, WLED, 121% sRGB, 80000000:1 Dynamic Contrast, Height adjustment, AMD free-sync technology, no usb port. 299€.
- MSI Optix G27CQ4: 27", QHD resolution, curved (1500R), 144 Hz, 1 ms, 250cd, VA panel, 8 bits, WLED, 115% sRGB, 100000000:1 Dynamic Contrast, NO Height adjustment, AMD free sync technology, no usb port. 299€, originally around 400€.
- Any other suggestion you guys recommend me.
These two are pretty similar. Could you please take a look and tell me which is better? Why is one 100€ more expensive is they're almost the same? Which would suit my condition and uses the most? Is MSI better than AOC or it is just overpriced? Can I connect my mouse and keyboard to the laptop? By the way, I've plenty of space in my desk.
Any suggestions you have, even if it's another completely different monitor, please tell me. If possible, I would like it to be curved, because they say it's better for your eyes and for long time uses.
Thank you very much and anything will be really appreciated.
MSI Optix G27CQ4 (Spanish)
MSI Optix G27CQ4 (reduced price)
- Mods no longer working after moving PC to a new area? Weird problem. Explanation inside.
- Black Screen … Dunno where else to post this! Fallout 4
- Flash Custom EDID to get 120hz Enabled
More about StarCraftPost: "Need help choosing monitor for studying / working + SC2" specifically for the game StarCraft. Other useful information about this game:
- [GIVEAWAY] Hey guys Founder of Armour Gaming here! I have been working on my company Armour Gaming for quite some time now to create PC gaming products and future peripherals. With that being said we are giving away free mousepads to the Starcraft! (Open Worldwide).
- Fenrir the Spectre (OC)
- The Ultimate Tychus Technical Recruiter Build (Nikara is sleeper OP!)
- StarCraft 2 Benchmarks – AMD Ryzen 7 3700x vs AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (and also RAM)
- The Platinum Heroes Discord Community keeps running out of lower league players to help reach Diamond(They grow up so fast!) Are you below 3500mmr and looking to improve? Check out this post!
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.