Content of the article: "Happy Birthday Skyrim! Let’s look back at the most important/influential mods of the last 9 years!"
Hello everyone! Welcome back to the "Best mods for…" weekly discussion!
If you don't know what the "Best mods for…" topics are you can find the original threads here. Last weeks discussion can be found here.
These discussions are intended to be ongoing for the full week, so make sure to contribute your own opinions and experiences at any time!
As always, the rules:
1) Be respectful – A lot of different mods get posted, as well as a lot of different opinions on said mods. Try to be respectful during the discussion.
2) Debate conflicts maturely – Nobody likes a Nazeem. If you're respectful to others, people will be respectful back. If you're disrespectful to others, people find interesting ways to kill you and post about it on r/skyrim.
3) Please keep the discussion relevant – Feel free to post mods that aren't directly related, but please try to keep all mods semi-related to the week's topic.
4) Please provide a link to the mod you're discussing – Even if you're discussing a popular mod, a link to the mod page is a massive help. People are more interested in the mod you're talking about and are more likely to look at it if there's a link.
Topic – Important/influential mods
We all know there's been some groundbreaking stuff built for Skyrim, from the practically-essential Unofficial Patch Project to literally building an entire new game inside the engine with Enderal. Usually these best mods for focus a little more, but with it being Skyrim's birthday I thought we could branch out and give some praise to the heavy hitters regardless of category!
Here's my list:
T3nd0's Skyrim Redone – I think this deserves a mention as the first massively popular total game/combat overhaul. You may not have even heard of it but mods like Ordinator, Requiem, and others all owe some tiny homage to this firstcomer.
Skyrim Together – hot drama aside, hats off to these guys for actually making a functional online multiplayer. Considering Bethesda barely did better with FO76, I think we have to respect the work and technical talent that went into this!
XP32 Maximum Skeleton – long since overshadowed by its big brother XPMSE, this skeleton mod is what originally made possible all the fancy animations and of course SoS by increasing the number of skeleton nodes (bend points) available to modders. The vast majority of animation work for both combat and… other purposes… is built on this foundation.
What's your pick?
- Mod Discussion Mondays (Week 120) – Best Mods for Education
- Mod Discussion Mondays (Week 126) – Best Mods of Lovers Lab
- Mod Discussion Mondays (Week 121) – Best Mods for Flight
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "Happy Birthday Skyrim! Let’s look back at the most important/influential mods of the last 9 years!" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
- Help Request: Regaining lost follower dialogue (vanilla follower) using xEdit and/or Creation Kit
- When I sneak my follower dismisses himself
- Skyrim SE Terrain Clipping Help
- TRYING TO FIX FOR 5 HOURS NOW can someone please help me
- [Help] Sound, Actor, Object, Weapons latency issue
- This mod might be the most important in your vanilla + modlist…
- An idea for Elder Scrolls 6
- Creation Kit for SSE can make the game completely go mute.
- [PC/LE] Combat Gameplay Overhaul not showing up in Mod Configuration Menu
- My decision between purchasing a PS5 or an Xbox Series X has somehow come down to… this game.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.