Content of the article: "[Help] Sound, Actor, Object, Weapons latency issue"
My main issue is in-game assets take very long to load in. I don't mean long load screen times or low fps or stutters. My game runs smoothly otherwise (>= 24 fps but I expected less from a 7-year-old PC) and these happen while I'm actively playing the game. Detailed issues are as follows:
- non-ambient sounds (pc/npc running, walking, jumping sounds, horse sounds, weapon sounds, etc.) play for a second or two and then either fades out or cuts off
- the same goes for menu sounds and skill tree sounds
- when firing arrows, they take a few seconds to load in and only fire from where I released the trigger, even if I'd moved away from that position. I had fun trying to shoot myself in the head but it got annoying pretty quick
- bound weapons, summoned minions, etc. take seconds to load in (both sound and physical form).
- player gets stuck for a few seconds when doing activities that move the camera (e.g. mining ore, chopping wood, using the tanning rack, etc.)
- Sometimes the animation never comes and my camera and player just lock up. When that happens I can move the mouse and see the compass move or see my player spin in place but that's about it
- it could just be me but NPC's also seem to be standing around a lot near actionable objects like saw mills or wood chopping blocks – like they're trying to use the objects but are encountering the same issue as my pc
- objects, actors, literally everything except the very ground the player walks on fail to load in completely, or do not change from the "far texture" into the "near, higher-definition texture". This happens most often when I'm running with the horse right after I'd fast traveled into a new location but it also happens when I'm just walking or sprinting with no fast travel
- this last one may or may not be part of the same issue, but I get looping magic sound effects. Most notable are Vampire's seduction, Calm, and Firebolt. After casting these spells, their sounds would keep playing in the area where I cast them. A few people blame Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul which I do have installed, but trying to reproduce the problem has been difficult due to the aforementioned sound issues I'm also encountering.
This is not my first time encountering the issue, but this is worst it has been. My usual solution was to bring up the menu/pause the game and wait for all the missing sounds to play at once, then exit the menu and the game runs smoothly. Doing so now only helps for about 5 seconds before things cut off again. Another thing is NPC dialogues will cut off then resume ("I used to —— you but then I —— to the knee") but this doesn't bother me as much as the cut off game assets.
I've done some research and I keep seeing people point to script lagging. I ran the script latency test from Convenient Horses and my average never went above 70ms (the highest high I saw was less than 110ms). I checked with the Skyrim save tool and I had 0 things to clean. One thing that struck me as odd is the fact that I have about 5,000 scripts and 65,000 script instances. That seems high to me but I don't really know what kind of number I should be expecting.
A few things to note:
- I'm running two MO2 profiles (S and V) and this problem only occurs in one of them (V)
- the two profiles share some of the mods but V has 75 mods and S has 120
- I've encountered this problem on profile V before early on but (forgive me for what I'm about to say, I've learned to be better now) I installed a few more mods mid-game and the problem didn't appear anymore but now it re-appeared after installing a few more mods
Required information is as follows:
- System Specs:
- Windows 10 x64
- Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 Ghz
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- nVIDIA GT430
- 1TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
My PC is old but I know that's not the main culprit because the game used to run smoother before. Any help provided is appreciated, both regarding my current issue and regarding better/standard modding practices that should be followed. Also please don't judge the mods I've installed from loverslab >.< (unless I've downloaded conflicting ones or unless you have recommendations ;P)
- Audio and inventory item render delay on lightly modded skyrim se
- (SSE) Help requested! Black screen going inside/outside, plus IFPV no longer works
- Modding Vanilla Mining Locations – The Very Useful Info I’ve Learned
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "[Help] Sound, Actor, Object, Weapons latency issue" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.