Content of the article: "Idea for an upcoming unarmed mod"
I'm creating a mod in order to improve unarmed gameplay, and I'm looking for some ideas.
The main idea of the mod is to add a new spell mechanic that "enchants" your fists to deal additional damage : technically, it bounds an "unarmed weapon" (= that benefits from the unarmed damage buff) with a specific enchantment. At this time :
- Fire : deals 6 additional fire damage to Health
- Frost : deals 4 additional frost damage to Health and Stamina
- Shock : deals 4 additional shock damage to Health and Magicka
- Holy : absorbs 3 magic damage from Health, x2 against undeads.
Each hand is independent, so you can have a fire fist and a frost fist at the same time. You'll see a classical fire/shock/frost/etc… effect on your hand to show the current effect.
In addition to that, I added a new skill tree with new perks to enhance the spells. All effects only apply to the weapons added by the spell, not "classical" unarmed.
- Palm Strike : +2/3/4/5/6 base damage
- Tiger Strike : +20/40/60% attack damage
- Viper Strike : +10/20/30% attack speed
- Master of Elements : x1.5/2/2.5/3.5 elemental damage scaling
- Harmony : 1% of total stamina restored upon dealing damage
- Transcendence : 1% of total health restored upon dealing damage
- Acuity : +10/20% crit chance
- Long Reach : +30% reach
- Hand of Avatar : +3 base damage, +3 crit damage, +20% reach, +40% attack speed
The "base weapon" have a 5 base damage and 4 crit damage. So at maximum power, your fists have a base damage of 14 (5+3+6), which is the same as the deadric sword, and a speed of 170%, but as it is a bound weapon, there is no way to improve it at the forge.
Because of the new skill tree, I also added a new Skill type (I have no name for the moment). You gain experience by hitting things. Every 5 skill levels, you gain a special perk point that you can only spend on this new tree. There is a Skill Level Requirement upon unlocking perks (like a normal skill tree). The damage scales with your Skill Level the same way vanilla weapons do (1 + Skill Level / 200).
It is not possible to add a new vanilla-like skill tree, so I implemented mine using lanterns and ropes (https://imgur.com/a/rE3YXQ0). Lantern glows when the perk is unlocked.
Everything described is already implemented. I'm asking you to help me find or improve ideas concerning this mod, eventually balance things. It can be new weapons, new enchantments, spells, perks etc… I'm not an artist so I have trouble adding new FX/Shaders/Model, but I'm a CS so scripting is totally fine, you can go wild on that (I think).
Thanks for reading !
- Classic Classes and Birthsigns SSE + Ordinator Monk
- I tried to make a viable Frost DPS Warden and I the results were very dissapointing
- Upcoming changes for 10.18 with preview
© Post "Idea for an upcoming unarmed mod" for game The Elder Scrolls.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!