Hi folks! First, some good news:
Independent Adventuring Factions
Just finished further testing of prototype: the group retrieves items from the target, and then brings them back to their own custom merchant — the player can then legally purchase the recovered items. Some players might try to cheat and loot the body before the recovery team arrives — but if the leader catches you in the act, you're in for trouble!
This adds a whole new dimension to static dungeons:
- Early in the game, the player can tag along and effectively play support to much stronger and more experienced adventurers.
- There's always the temptation to sprint ahead at the last minute to loot without being caught — but that might mean getting trapped in a boss fight.
- Recovered equipment will include rare and wonderful / unique items that the player can't get anywhere else. Watching and / or helping the Reavers could be a big boon for the player!
Philosophy of Game Design
Speaking of modifying gameplay — /u/LordTccasanova just posted a new <video> on his channel where we talk about key elements of game design, including how landmark franchises like Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Star Wars become foundational experiences. They can be much more than "the game / movie you compare all others to", but an actual window into yourself — who you were when you first experienced them. And, of course, there's plenty of stabbing, explosions, and beheading of immortals. Good times. 🙂
Where to Get Stuff
Stay safe out there! Cheers!
- Independent Adventuring Factions Published and Video Season Finale!
- What MMO has your favorite PvE (Raids, dungeons, exploration, mobs, bosses, etc)
- Observations of a first time PUGger.
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "Independent Adventuring Factions update, and the philosophy of game design" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
- Artifacts of Arch-Mage Vorian Faether, Section Two
- Convenience & Arena Bug & Marketing Suggestions (#10)
- Janiath’s Adventure pt.3
- Darien Gautier and the great power of Lights of Meridia which cause a small Dragon Break
- Is the Dominion garrison at Northwatch Keep even aware of the spooky Volkihar castle?
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.