Content of the article: "NifHacks – Get your Racemenu preset to Blender and back with ease"
So because information about TES modding is scattered across multiple dimensions, i decided to stop googling and figure out everything myself. And so this tool was born. Get latest version of it from NifHacks and follow the instructions. (I will assume that you more or less familiar with CLI)
- Export your preset to .nif through Racemenu's sculpt menu.
- Export your head parts to .obj with NifHacks:
nifhacks.exe <path to .nif> <path to .obj>Exporting multiple parts to one .obj is unsafe and so you'll have to export them one by one to a different files. (I found a bug in Blender. If you have multiple objects in a single .obj file they can't differ in presence of normals or texture coordinates, if one of them has it, every other object should too, that's why you can't have your face and eyes in one file)
- Import your .obj files to Blender. Check "Keep Vertex Order" and uncheck everything else if you don't understand what you're doing.
- Edit parts that you want. Don't add or remove any vertices nor change faces, you're only free to move things around. (You're free to turn on smooth shading and change materials it wont affect geometry)
- Export parts you modified from Blender to .obj (You're not forced to export all of them, only ones you wanted to change) Check "Keep Vertex Oder" and uncheck everything else.
- Now we will transfer vertex coordinates from .obj to .nif (It recognizes identical parts by amount of vertices)
nifhacks.exe <path to .obj> <path to .nif>New file will be created with .nif.nif extension.
- That's pretty much it. Just import your head parts with Racemenu. If you're using ModOrganizer and haven't closed Skyrim, you might need to restart it.
You can also use this tool for different kinds of things if you please to do so.
If you encountered bug or don't understand something or it just doesn't work, feel free to ask or open issue at GitHub. I tested everything before release, it should work, it's a very simple tool, but you know how it can go. And regardless of whether you're using this tool or not – make sure that you backup your presets.
- Need help with Blender 2.91 and Niftools (SSE)
- Introduction | Skyrim Title Image- and Music Changer – STAM-C
- GUIDE How to extract Models and Full Res Textures from Paladins | 2020
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "NifHacks – Get your Racemenu preset to Blender and back with ease" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.