Orcs are a weird race, while obviously mer, they're also refered to as goblin-ken and beastfolk.
Now, some people dismiss those claims as just racism towards orcs, and while it's a fair point, this is TES, there is almost always more to this.
In fact, I've found surprising amount of evidence that orcs are, indeed, pig-mer.
- ORCS ARE CALLED BEASTFOLK MULTIPLE TIMES
First edition of "Pocket guide to Empire":
The goblin-ken (orcs, ogres, gremlins, and other beastfolk)
The book "Pig Children", just compares them to pigs:
Orcs are thankfully easy to recognize from other humanoids by their size — commonly forty pertans in height and fifteen thousand angaids in weight — their brutal pig-like features, and their stench.
There is also another, more recent, and slightly less racist text, "Thendaramur Death-Blossom Answers Your Questions" :
Trinimac was vain and arrogant, and he and his followers paid for their weakness by being transformed to show what they truly are: brutish Betmer without guile or finesse.
(Betmer is an alternative name for beast races)
- ORCS ARE OFTEN DEPICTED AS PIG-CREATURES IN OTHER MEDIA
This is now mostly a japanese thing, but orcs often used to have pig features, including even noses (or snouts?).
- YOU CAN BE A MER AND A BEAST:
There is a lot of evidence pointing towards Khajit being once elf-like creatures, some species looking almost exactly like normal mer.
Bosmer, especially in ESO, are borderline deer-people.
According to their creation myth, Bosmer and Khajit were once Grey Ooze without form, and Azurah shaped Khajit into what they are now, Y'ffre saw what she did and did the same to Bosmer, except he prevented them from changing form.
It's possible that Boethiah was able to do the same with Trinimac. Trinimac, obviously was not made of Grey Ooze, but maybe this is why he had to be consumed and "relieved".
- Too literal minded
Some people believe that orcs came from existence from bathing in the dung that was the remains of Trinimac, but Malacath says the tale is "too literal minded"
I know they were worshippers of Trinimac, but nobody really does wallow in filth. Unless.. this meant they became creatures that wallowed in filth. Pigs.
The ending of the words is OINK
- Orc lifespan lore theory.
- “You People Are Always So Literal Minded” – Malacath’s encounter with Attrebus Mede
- Any skin texture mods that don’t pale down or lighten skin tones? Skin texture mods that stay true to racial skin colorations
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "Orcs are pigfolk" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
- New Release – Lupine Matriarch Armor – Modular Light Armor w Set Effects
- Mod Release: FACTION WARFARE – Reputations, Summons, and Armories! Sell items to townsfolk! Bring adventurers along in your journeys! Become a Forsworn leader! And so much more!
- Any artists or doodlers interested in doing an ESO commission? Recommendations?
- The Cultural Precendence for the Templar for each Race
- [Help] Invisible Robes and Red-Hued Argonians?
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.