I play SSE with mods, and it worked great up until recently. I installed some new mods, and after that I've ran into an infinite loading screen when starting the game, where it won't load in the menu.
My mods list:
Shared via Modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/Naravolian/plugins
Total active plugins are 119 (according to LOOT).
The mods I installed since last time I played:
- Various creature mods by Mihail (basically each one listed in the list provided above)
- SkyRem – Rae
- SkyRem – Elsa
- UI Extensions
- The Miracle of Flight
- Improved College Entry
- Cyan's Extra Perks
- Cyan's SM Framework
- Skyrim Souls RE
- Address Library for SKSE Plugins
- More Dangerous Enemies 3.2
- Savage Skyrim
- Slow and Freeze Time Spells
- Trade Routes
- Open Civil Wars
The game worked just fine without any crashes prior to installing these new mods.
The solutions I've tried so far, but that didn't work:
- I've made sure that my SKSE64 and normal SSE are both up to date
- I've used LOOT to make sure that there are no conflicts, that I got all the correct dependencies, and to make sure there aren't any dirty plugins.
- I've tried installing SSE Engine Fix because I read that it might help, but it didn't work (I've made sure I installed it correctly).
- I tried uninstalling all the new mods I installed, but that didn't solve the issue.
- I tried to uninstall half my mods (the new mods + some extra ones), but the infinite loading screen still persisted.
- I tried disabling the mods in "chunks"/groups to see if I could systematically find the mod that's causing this, but this didn't work either.
- I've let the game run for as long as 2 hours, just to make sure it wasn't just an absurdly long loading time, but this hasn't worked either.
Other possible relevant information:
- I'm using the NVT ENB and SKSE64. SKSE64 is up to date, but my ENB series version is the that was released prior to the current one, because for some reason my game wouldn't even start up when I used the latest version (however my game has worked on this older version of the ENB series before I installed the new mods, so I don't know how relevant this is).
- After trying to start the game (after installing the new mods) I also started getting occasional messages that my .NET Script Framework DLL was running into some issues, but those disappeared after reinstalling it.
- There is a Bashed Patch and a USSEP patch for "Cloaks of Skyrim" in the mods list, but neither of them are active plugins. They're just on the list because I'm unable to remove/delete them for some reason (but it has been like that since long before my current issues began, so it's probably not relevant) – also I don't use USSEP.
- I've made no other changes to my computer settings, my driver and everything else is up to date as well.
- [HELP] UIExtensions Mods crashing game on startup
- SKSE64 Properly Installed but Not Recognized
- Need some help with first-time modding, for some reason only 5/47 plugins are enabled. (SSE XGP)
More about The Elder ScrollsPost: "SSE Infinite Loading Screen on Startup (menu not showing up)" specifically for the game The Elder Scrolls. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.