The Sims 4 has been out for quite awhile now. There have been so many ups and downs along the way. I'm the first to admit that I have a tendency to focus on what TS4 is missing more than what it's contributed. These days I mainly play TS2. But TS4 has given me a lot of fun times and I'm sure there will be more in the future, so I thought it would be nice to take a step back and think about what TS4 has gotten right about life simulation.
What are your favourite features that TS4 has added to the Sims series? I'll get the ball rolling with a few of mine:
- The clubs system. I miss this when I play TS2! It's such a fun way to group Sims together and can add so much to worldbuilding and encouraging interesting interactions.
- Push and pull CAS. I think we can all agree that TS4 has excellent CAS!
- Supernatural skill trees. Cool way to customize your vampire experience.
- Weather preferences. It's a little thing, but I love being able to choose favourite weather.
- The Gallery. While there were ways to share your creations in previous installations, I think the Gallery is definitely the best yet. It's very easy to use and I love how it can be accessed in-game.
- Gender customization. This was pretty ground-breaking in terms of video game character creation. Going forward, I would love to see this even better-integrated, with nonbinary pronouns and clothing meshes that don't distort the Sim's body when switched between genders.
- Lot Traits. I really like being able to dictate more specifics about a lot.
- Toddler skills. This was such a fun way to enrich the toddler experience.
What about you? What features do you think TS4 has offered as a meaningful contribution to the future of the Sims series?
(Note: We all have plenty of reasons to be pessimistic about TS4 and the future of the series. But I'd love it if we could keep this post on-topic to the things we think TS4 has contributed most!)
- I don’t want to give up on the Sims series
- Can we talk about how Electronic Arts keeps exploiting casual gamers who don’t know better
- Adding Deaf people to The Sims 4
More about The SimsPost: "What are your favourite things that TS4 added to the series?" specifically for the game The Sims. Other useful information about this game:
- Bi-Weekly Build Challenge, Week 110: Fresh Start Starter Homes!
- Played the Sims 4 for 24 Hours, After Playing the Sims 3 for 10 Years. Here Are My Thoughts.
- Bi-Weekly Build Challenge, Week 109: Shabby Chic Spring Cottages!
- I really need to not play Sims 4 when my anxiety’s even mild…
- My new ridiculous expansion pack idea. It’ll be very long. Thanks for reading it.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.