I’ve been asked several times after posting screenshots that have my stats on them about how come I have so much coin so thought I would post up some tips and tricks in hope that it’s of some use.
So here’s what I do to amass tons of coin cause I’m a greedy Witcher:
Before the DLCs:
- Loot every enemy you kill and sell no weapons or armor until you unlock the Master Crafters. Throw everything in your stash until you unlock them so that you get the most coin for your efforts.
- Starting in White Orchard test every door in every town and village to see if it opens. If it does…loot it! You’ll finds tons of stuff including crafting supplies and gems that can be sold. In addition, you’ll discover tons of crafting and alchemy diagrams. The merchant and the square with the fez hat in Novigrad gives really good prices.
- Sell weapons only to craftsmen, armor to armorers, alchemy supplies to herbalists, and wine to innkeepers.
- Craft no armor or weapons until you unlock the Master Crafters and of course the Grandmaster. The gear you can find will do you just fine until you’re ready to craft your Witcher gear. In fact, the looted items are usually stronger than the Witcher gear until you can craft the Superior or above.
- Resolve every question mark (POI) before you go to the next region of the map. So wipe out White Orchard, then Velen, then Novigrad. You can save all the water POIs in Skellige for later but do ALL the land ones. This not only helps to build loot but also helps you to get all the crafting and alchemy diagrams as well as experience points. The hidden and sunken treasures are chocked full of loot!
By doing this, I normally start the DLCs with about 125K in my pocket so that expensive things like the Runewright, Corbo Bianco, and Witcher gear is no sweat!
Blood and Wine (Toussaint):
In addition to the items above (and you’ll find all KINDS of good stuff in peoples houses in Toussaint….gems, gold jewelry, etc.) but to really stock up you can do this.
- Go to Mont Crane Castle….it’s part of the Grandmaster Griffin gear quest.
- Use the eye to open the tunnel/hallway that leads to the portal.
- Run/roll up to the upper courtyard and then back into the tunnel to lure all the bandits into the tunnel.
- When you get to the last arch in the tunnel, turn around and wait for a sec to allow all the bandits to bunch up. Blast them with Aard or Igni one time then (if you have Whirl enabled) you can Samurai slaughter the whole lot of them.
- Run/roll back through the courtyards to lure the reinforcements into the tunnel and slaughter them. That will leave 3-4 loose bandits on the upper courtyard and one with a shield that you can lure out, Axii him and then one shot him.
- Follow the tunnel on down to enable the portal and go through it but just turn around and go back out through the portal and you’ll find that all the bandits have re-spawned and are ready for slaughter so repeat steps 3-6 to get them to re-spawn over and over.
- I usually do this until I have between 300-450 pounds of weapons and armor to sell. Not to worry…even when over encumbered as soon as you are in range of an enemy you can roll and fight like normal.
- Take it all to the GM Smith first and empty all his coin and then go to the smith and armorer at the Tourney grounds and empty their coin.
- When they are out of coin you can fast travel to Skellige or Kaer Morhen and back and they will have their coin re-spawned.
Rinse and repeat as much as you like and this will not only get you about 20K a pop, you will also bump up your levels as long as you have the experience boost from your bed in Corbo Bianco active.
Once done with B&W you can now go back to Skellige and loot all the water POIs if you want to be insanely rich even. Plus it’s kind of fun discovering all the hidden Easter eggs and cool things like the Ghost Ship. Just remember to take your stuff back to Toussaint to sell it.
By doing this I normally start my NG+ with close to 500K in pocket. So yeah, I’m a greedy Witcher but it’s also really nice to not have to worry about coin!
Hope this helps and good luck on the path Wolf!
- Am working on a fairly simple crafting system and am looking for some input.
- (Resource) FAQ and tips for new players
- Mod that forces you to read a specific skill book or books before you can use certain crafting stations and/or craft certain types of potion, certain weapons, certain types of armors, etc.
More about The WitcherPost: "Greedy Witcher! Tips and tricks on stockpiling coin." specifically for the game The Witcher. Other useful information about this game:
- Witcher 3 – Best mods for Challenge & Immersion 2021
- [ENDING] Just finished the game for the first time and I feel empty inside. Anyone wants to discuss this with me?
- Your own Director’s Cut: what would you change?
- How to build a Geralt levels 1-3 ( Deathmarch guide)
- After the royalty settlement in 2019, I think The Witcher: Blood Origin mini series might be the bridge between Netflix and CDPR.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.