• This is the first part of a series, expected upload rate= 1-2 a day. I'm just posting this to see how it is received - consider it a draft • Provides a strong build that can handle deathmarch difficulty ( with enemy upscaling on) • Use whichever armor set you want -or use the feline armor like me • Will use a blend of combat, alchemy, signs and general skills ( mostly combat and alchemy) • This will be a strong build but still provides some challenge - which personally I enjoy
A special thanks to youtube channel : Phoenix237 for a lot of the things I have learned
• I looted everything I could, killed some farm animals for food (never kill more then 5 cows as a high level chort will spawn) • I got lots of honeycomb by using igni on beehives and looting them • I got all 6 places of power • I crafted the upgraded warrior's leather jacket • I got the steel and silver serpentine ( viper ) swords. • Did a few side quests • Crafted some alchemy stuff - swallow, bombs and specter oil
Ability number 1= Griffin school techniques
This is the first skill I get. It means that your sign intensity goes from 0-20% and this is really good because your chance to set enemies on fire with igni goes from 44-54%. Igni is a great weapon early on -especially on death march and so this is a great bonus as enemies on fire will be interrupted and take damage over time. Your Quen shield also goes from 200-240 which is equal to the boost provided by 2 greater glyphs of quen. Secondly it will also triple stamina regeneration from 10/s to 30/s which is insane. This means you can use signs like quen and igni way more often and makes a huge difference
Ability number 2: Muscle memory 5/5
This is a great skill. It will boost fast attack damage by 25%. The increase is 25% of your sword's base damage. For example;
When I read the description of the Viper ( crafted serpentine) silver sword it says 112-138 damage. Now when I equip muscle memory (5/5) my silver sword fast attack and fast attack critical hit damage both go up by 30. 30 is 25% of 120 and 120 is inbetween that base value of 112-138.
This means that this ability will scale to your sword as you level up – which is great. Most abilities in this game also work off of a base value
As we enter Velen, it also becomes apparent why I opted to not get the ability Gourmet.
While Gourmet is good, it is completely unneeded on this playthrough.
Step 1: The first thing I do in Velen is take an easy route to Novigrad ( please refer to the video).
We will not be fighting any enemies or doing any quests, we will be going there to;
A) Loot as much food and alcohol as you can – this will set you up for the rest of the game and means you don't need gourmet. Just don't loot when a guard is nearby!
B) Use Hierarch square as a central hub for selling our goods – this will give us the best rates and after exchanging currency at the bank we can also take a loan that we will never w need to repay
That's it for this episode
- Not so new, only level 3, just got to Velen, some more questions (my apologies)
- A few Witcher 3 questions
- My Optimized Witcher 1 Battlemage Build Guide
More about The WitcherPost: "How to build a Geralt levels 1-3 ( Deathmarch guide)" specifically for the game The Witcher. Other useful information about this game:
- [ENDING] Just finished the game for the first time and I feel empty inside. Anyone wants to discuss this with me?
- Your own Director’s Cut: what would you change?
- Greedy Witcher! Tips and tricks on stockpiling coin.
- After the royalty settlement in 2019, I think The Witcher: Blood Origin mini series might be the bridge between Netflix and CDPR.
- Game Not Launching
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.