Content of the article: "The Witcher 3 is amazing on PS5!"
Being told your PS4 games run better on PS5 meant nothing to me until I saw it for myself. When I hooked up this massive unit of a console, I installed the actual PS5 games and then turned to my PS4 backwards compatible library. The two I chose were Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3.
Focusing on Witcher 3, I was greatly surprised and awestruck at how much better the game runs. First off, on PS4 Pro, the game ran at 1920×2160 and then reconstructed to full 4K using Checkerboard Rendering. It looked amazing on PS4 Pro, especially with HDR enabled. However performance was an issue. The game ran at 30fps but can drop or stutter during busy areas and cutscenes. This wouldn't have been all bad but whenever the framrate dropped or stuttered, it was accompanied by screen tearing in the upper portions of the screen. To some it might not be a big deal, but I notice screen tearing easily and it bothers the hell out of me.
Now we come to Witcher 3 running on PS5 which is basically perfect compared to PS4 Pro. The sharp and clean checkerboard 4K resolution with HDR is the same but now the framerate is perfect. For example, I galloped through Crookback Bog with zero issues. No fps drops, no stutters, and no screen tearing! Load times were basically cut in half as well. I didn't do exact counting but loading a save took much less time compared to PS4 Pro. Fast Traveling around Velen and Novigrad, which I did count, took between 2-5 seconds depending on the distance. Also I have 50-100mb/s internet through WiFi and it took roughly 30mins to install the game and all the DLC compared to taking 1hr 30min to 2hrs on PS4 Pro.
If this is what the game can do running through backwards compatibility, imagine what could be in store when CDPR gives the game it's PS5 and Series X upgrades. Imagine Native 4K with enhanced visuals at 30fps with the option of a Dynamic 4K at 60fps. Next-gen upgrades and new releases have me excited for next year and beyond!
- Skyrim SSE CTD on regular load screen (Circumvented, but still problematic, and may be a problem in the future, fix needed) Mod Organizer 2 220.127.116.11
- As good as FNV is, I don’t think it’s as good as people claim.
- I love somewhat distantly spaced checkpoints but hate long boss runs
More about The WitcherPost: "The Witcher 3 is amazing on PS5!" specifically for the game The Witcher. Other useful information about this game:
- Alright, controversial opinions maybe
- Next witcher game?
- A journey into the new world, part 1
- So i played Witcher 3 + all the DLCs to the end and i have some thoughts.
- Mods issues
- I’m really doing it this time! (Yennefer)
- u/Ultimate_life_Form__ poetry is the world’s finest
- Impatient Gamer: What elements of the game can I skip/do less, to simplify and enjoy it?
- I’ve just beaten the game for the first time and I loved it
- One of the game endings
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.