Content of the article: "I have a theory about why Massive killed PVP, and thus made The Division 2 even worse than The Division 1."
So in The Division 1 days, a common stat was known: only a small percentage of players play PvP. I think it was between 10% to 20% of players regularly played PvP. So UbiMassive ran with this stat and in the developing of Div 2 said "Let's downplay, discourage and otherwise shit in the cornflakes of PvP players. Let's focus on making the PvE experience better and distance ourself from the PvP experience." Ok, great thought. Smart business decision by UbiMassive.
But here's my theory: the data wasn't giving them a full picture of the actual situation.
It is my theory that the dedicated PvP players all GRINDED for their gear often in the PvE modes. So a larger percentage of PvP players were being COUNTED as PvE players, falsely. I considered myself a PvP player but I would often grind PvE game modes because I thought they were fun. I didn't aspire to just PvE play. I wanted to get back to PvP. But often PvE was the best way to get gear.
TLDR:I'm saying that UbiMassive was counting as "sole PvE players" a lot of people who played PvP and so that's where this made up "only 10-20% of players play PvP stat" came from. So Ubimassive felt justified in completely killing off the PvP element of the game. And we are left with what we have now. I think the actual division between players who would say "I only desire to play PvE" and "I sometimes like to play PvP" is much closer to 50-50. Ubimassive believed that only 15% of players even wanted to play PvP. I think that was false.
I personally got good enough gear to beat all the PvE content in this game and nothing keeps me coming back now. I used to come back for PvP in this game but the PvP is dogshit because they architected this whole game around PvE so nothing keeps me coming back.
EDIT: And don't even get me started about how the DZ is really the only unique thing about the division.
Thanks for your time!
- If it makes me a scrub, so be it; I think every competitive shooter should have a comprehensive bot mode
- Theory: Ranking within a Rivals Division Matters. Significantly.
- There’s hope for Division 2- Bring on the downvotes!
More about Tom Clancy's The Division 2Post: "I have a theory about why Massive killed PVP, and thus made The Division 2 even worse than The Division 1." specifically for the game Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Other useful information about this game:
- My Thoughts on the Summit
- The Division 2 Weekly Vendor Reset 24/11/2020
- These 2 builds are the most fun DD and Tank builds.
- In-depth guides to obtaining all 25* Hunter masks (Part 3 | Masks 10-14)
- i want to play this, but cant bring myself to it…. hows it doing now
- In-depth guides to obtaining all 25 Hunter masks | Part 2 (Masks 5-9)
- In-depth guides to obtaining all 25 Hunter masks | Part 1 (Introduction + masks 1-4)
- Another part to my division story
- New Skill Concept: The Battery.
- How to make the game fun with casual gamer friends??
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.