Content of the article: "Repurposed Improvised Gear"
Originally posted on the official forums, but I would like to get more discussion on this.
What do you all think of repurposed improvised gear?
As they exist now, improvised gear are only craftable. They don't come with a brand set bonus and only seem to exist for testing purposes. I may craft an improvised chest or backpack to test out a talent for a build in the firing range before actually going out and grinding for the brand set pieces needed.
What if improvised gear is repurposed so that they become viable?
Instead of brand set bonuses, what if repurposed improvised gear came with once-removed talents? Think of them as Division 1 high ends: they all came with a talent.
Repurposed improvised gear talents could be certain, non-statistical talents that were removed from the game, such as:
- Hard Hitting – 15% Damage to Elites
- Dialed In – While aiming, weapon stability is increased by 25% of your weapon accuracy
- Destructive – 20% Explosive Damage
- Payload – Destroying an enemy's asset grants 50% explosive damage for 15s
- Fill'er Up – Reloading from empty reloads all weapons
- Knee Cap – Shooting an enemy in the legs has a 10% chance to apply bleed
- In Rhythm – Enemy kills have a 5% chance to refresh active skill cooldowns. Can occur once every 60s.
- Recharged – Skills deployed at full armor have +25% duration, charges, and ammo
- Cloaked – When your armor is depleted, nearby enemy skills are disrupted for 10s. Can occur once every 30s
- Rooted – While in cover, all skill damage and healing are increased by +25% for 10s. Buff is lost when exiting cover. Can occur once every 25s.
- Stop, Drop, and Roll – Rolling removes burn, bleed, and poisoned status effects. Can occur once every 60s.
- Empowered – 10% Skill Efficiency (the new stat on the Momento backpack)
- Transmission – Any status applied to the Agent transfers to an enemy within 10m. Can occur once every 60s.
- Wascally – You are able to resist 5 ensnare attempts. Can occur once every 60s.
I've chosen the more niche, non build defining chest / backpack talents. Some of these talents have also been repurposed to be more fitting with gear instead of weapons.
For those of you who may be new to Division 2, these were talents that once existed in the game. Empowered was 10% skill power, but it has been repurposed to be more aligned with the current state of the game. Transmission only specified shock, but I have generalized it to accommodate all statuses.
The idea is to have the player choose between a brand set bonus, and a third talent. I believe bringing these talents back will improve build diversity, but they'd need to be brought back in a place that wouldn't disrupt the current gear game, and I think improvised gear would be the right place.
These talents could come in two forms:
- Named improvised gear, where you select which improvised gear slot you would make named and have the unique talent only appear (I.E – hard hitting would only be available on the named improvised mask)
- A general pool, where any talent could roll on in any improvised gear slot.
Not trying to make widely new things out of this, but just combining removed elements with never used elements to make them both useful. Their stat properties don't have the change, meaning they could roll any core attribute and any minor attribute. Whether the talents need to be buffed or not is up for discussion, but the idea is simply bring them back and be made useful.
As mentioned in my Summit suggestion thread, when new items are added to the game, there isn't a lot of it. So veteran players who are already at the end game ceiling before an update, will reach the ceiling again quickly after an update because it did not grow much. Despite not being new talents, these would be new talents and items within the current state of the game, such that the end game ceiling isn't reached in a couple days. But, that depends on where these items are placed.
Replayability is a huge focus for Summit. The repurposed improvised gear would need to have their loot source looked at, because I'm not sure about having them continue to exist as craftable only items. Placing the new improvised gear in the Summit chests, whether they are named or a general loot pool item, would spark the replayability philosophy that is being given to Summit.
Weapons like the Stinger LMG and the newly introduced named Kard-45 have talents that do not exist for other weapons. I think the same can be done for improvised gear.
- A suggestion regarding the improvement of RNG for Talents
- In my opinion, as far as new gear acquisition, Title Update 11 has been the best damn update since the release of Div2.
- The Division 1 Gear Sets revisited for The Division 2 – Part 1
© Post "Repurposed Improvised Gear" for game Tom Clancy's The Division 2.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!