The time period is 1200-1400. The map is all of Asia, the Middle East (yes I know technically Asia), North Africa, and Europe. Alternatively the game could be called Medeival 3, but I just like Mongol.
A couple cool features this game could include would be (and please add any others in the comments):
- The mongol empires expansion, the largest contiguous land empire in history. Interesting mechanics could include the great walls, the kamikaze wind, mongol sackings (eg the sacking of Baghdad), internal mongol politics and seperatism.
- 100 years war in Europe between England and France, a little late in the time period (1337-1453), but the late game French English war dynamic would be cool
- The silk road. Maybe a couple silk producing regions in China and a mechanism to establish lucrative trade routes. Historically more silk was moved from China to Europe by ship (overland through the middle east) than overland across central asia, this is one of the reasons its important to include India and Western Europe in the map.
- A population size mechanic so that the number of building slots is based on population size. With the size of the map I think a population mechanic for each region is necessary. It would also allow city states to be on the map, eg Florence, Milan, Venice, the HRE city states.
- the levant crusades would be an interesting early game mechanic, personally I'm a big fan of the medeival 2 crusade mechanic and I think it could be expanded a little.
- the wars of the reconquista would be happening pretty much throughout the period and particularly in the early game.
- there are so many possibilities for politics (empires, caliphates, dynasties, kingdoms, republics) and so many possibilities for diplomacy (client states, vassals, annexation, region trading, trade routes, alliances, military access) and so much more.
Basically I think it would be a perfect time period and scale. It would be the true Medeival 3 game that total war fans want (speaking personally of course).
- My thoughts on where the next Assassins’ Creed game should be
- Instructions on how to play TESL:Asia on PC should be sticked here on the sub.
- PUBG Continental Series 3 Finals | What, Where, When? – Event Overview
More about Total WarPost: "Why Mongol:Total War should be the next historical title" specifically for the game Total War. Other useful information about this game:
- Total War: Warhammer 3 “Assault on the Brass Citadel” battle leaked gameplay details
- A LIST OF BUGS & ISSUES WITH RTW REMASTERED
- Rome Remastered UI is not good
- Why I love Rome Total War
- I’ve collected more than 300 posts from the past 2 years. Here are the best Total War games according to you guys (Long).
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.