Content of the article: "“Enhanced” Graphics Engine reduces Eclipse damage by 83%"
I spent an hour testing the effective damage buff that mirage gets from her Eclipse buff in the orb vallis during an entire cycle while standing still in one open spot.
This time around, I did it twice; once with the classic engine, once with the "enhanced" engine that was added yesterday.
The results are terrifying.
We observe the following relation:
classic > 4 months ago > "enhanced"
The classic system gives higher buffs than 4 months ago, as measured in this post. We (Profit-Taker speedrunners) only picked up on this change three days ago as we normally don't run whenever we expect to get bad damage buffs. The buff may have been present since the first ensmallening update or update 29.2.0.
The classic system looks nice, but it will soon be replaced with the "enhanced" version, which will consistently give 83% damage less than the current version.
Put it another way, you get 6 times more damage by altering your graphics settings.
While this would probably eventually be fixed, this shows that Eclipse cannot continue to work as it currently does.
Over the course of 4 months Eclipse has been buffed and nerfed at least twice without DE even knowing or intending it.
There are a multitude of ways how DE can and perhaps should change the ability, as has already been suggested many times in different posts by a multitude of users. Here are some of these suggestions:
- Make Eclipse either give the full DR or give the full damage buff.
- If 1. is not adopted, update the UI to constantly show the current damage buff.
- If 1. is not adopted, at least make sure that you get a minimum of 50% DR and half the damage buff, then scale from there.
- Make Eclipse snapshot (remember) the buff, such that the light value when casting it is used to determine the buff for the remainder of the duration. Note that this already happens if you go invisible.
- Make Eclipse give the damage or DR buff based on her emissive color or make it a tap/hold ability (credits to /u/Kolkpen).
Additionally, I would like to note that the augment mod Prism Guard is not a proper solution. It's a band-aid, and a bad one at that.
Four seconds base duration means that with a reasonable 200% duration you still have to spend 1/4th of the time casting the ability to keep it up. This is not acceptable.
The additional energy upkeep for just trying to make Eclipse work puts the final nail in the coffin.
TL;DR: If the classic system gets replaced with the "enhanced" graphics engine in its current form, you lose 83% of the damage that you currently get with Eclipse. DE is buffing and nerfing the frame without knowing it and therefore should change how Eclipse works as a whole.
Method, data, links:
Last time's post
For those that may wonder what method I used to determine the results: I used the Profit-Taker to generate pylons which take object damage and stay stationary. I used Zenith to punch through the shields from a far enough distance so I could stay in roughly the same spot. I used an extinguished key so the pylons would survive long enough. The video (extremely boring and long) can be found here.
- Xata’s Whisper is a better damage buff than Shooting Gallery, and might be better than Roar.
- Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!
- After far too many hours of testing, I’ve found out a lot of info about Nyx’s 1st ability that wasn’t listed in-game or on the wiki
© Post "“Enhanced” Graphics Engine reduces Eclipse damage by 83%" for game Warframe.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!