Content of the article: "Glaives & Volatile Quick Return"
Decided to write down some quick observations on the Volatile Quick Return (VQR):
At first, the mod looks insane. Glaives are already strong, and now you get auto-explosions and twice the blast radius?! So, I immediately packed for Deimos (most heavy units there drop it, check codex, even if you don't have the mods yet).
40 minutes of isovault later, I was testing VQR in an SP mission and was getting absolutely garbage results. Like, the Glaive prime was definitely hitting half the room now, but it was barely killing anyone, despite dozens of various procs everywhere.
Ok, simulacrum time!
On hit, VQR will produce a special "bounce explosion". It looks exactly like a heavy attack explosion, but it's actually a normal attack – it doesn't consume combo counter, but also doesn't benefit from the heavy attack related stuff at all. It has less base damage. It doesn't apply the glaive forced procs. On top of that, there is a 40% fall-off (well, at least according to the weapon stats)
Well, if VQR doesn't consume combo, can we do a 12x counter build? Ranged melee with built-in 9-12m AoE still sounds damn strong. Right?
Yes, but also no. Bounce explosions themselves are pure blast. As soon as you encounter serious armor, like SP grinner heavy, it falls off, even with a good riven and 12x combo counter. Sortie-viable, but not much more than that.
Meanwhile, you can still manually detonate the glaive to get a heavy attack. It'll have the boosted blast radius and it will naturally have those sweet forced procs, but you must do it before the bounce. Good thing that GlaiveP doesn't have homing – just aim above the enemies.
And then we have Falcor, which doesn't trigger bounce explosions with VQR. Easy to trigger heavy attacks with boosted blast, but can't use the abovementioned combo build. But the post is already long enough.
So, hopefully, that'll help you avoid the confusion I initially had and prime your expectations accordingly. VQR isn't quite as insane as it seems at first look, but can still be useful in builds.
- A Glaive User’s Thoughts on the PTC Glaive Changes
- Glaive Revisit Workshop
- I did a lot of testing on the Vitrica, here’s what I found out
More about WarframePost: "Glaives & Volatile Quick Return" specifically for the game Warframe. Other useful information about this game:
- Additional Leaks, New Primed Mods and Halikar Wraith
- Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.3
- The new Bonewidow Necramech is incredibly disappointing for most, so here are some proposed changes I thought of in a few minutes so that people might actually bother to get it and have fun playing it!
- The bonewidow is still in a dire state.
- Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.2
- Feedback on the Khora change in Deimos Arcana
- Shoutout: The Deimos Saxum, a decently designed enemy like the Nox and Aerolyst
- Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.1
- Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana
- Public Test Weekend #3: Update Notes (Deimos: Arcana Preview).
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.