Content of the article: "Current Sapphiron behavior on PTR is wrong."
Blizzard just opened Sapph on PTR and pretty quickly its noticeable the behavior of Frost Aura is wrong or at least not as it was in 1.12.
Currently the Frost Aura ticks every second which isn't the expectation. Quick overview of how the Frost Aura works internally:
There are 2 spell effects at work, an internal trigger that applies Frost Aura to the entire raid every 2 seconds (https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=28529/frost-aura) and the actual Frost Aura debuff (https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=28531/frost-aura).
Technically speaking Frost Aura ticks every second but due to the frequent reapplication (every 2 seconds) it clips itself (imagine a warlock spamming drain life every global, it wont actually tick every second since it wont reach the second tick before the aura gets reapplied). To show that this is the case is pretty easy: This video from original 40man Naxx has a nice timestamped combatlog (
As is pretty clearly visable Frost Aura ticks every 2 seconds, at 10:18, 10:20, 10:22. This is consistent throughout the Encounter.
The same video also proves that Frost Aura does indeed clip itself with the reapplication which is why in practice it only ticks every 2 seconds.
Here the Frost Aura ticks every 2 seconds until the a reapplication is resisted at 10:49 which is immediately followed by an unexpected damage tick.
Basically the rhythm of Frost Aura seems to be:
2 application (tick if application is resisted)
4 application (tick if application is resisted)
The behavior currently experienced on PTR however is:
2 tick and application
4 tick and application
Based on what we expect its supposed to be an "or" while currently on PTR it's an "and".
The prove isn't perfect since its anecdotally based on videos but this concept explains both, the observed behavior in 1.12 kill videos and also Wowhead saying it should tick every second.
Don't get me wrong, it's far from unkillable, the behavior just seems to be wrong.
- Doom Devour Abilities
- I tried to make a viable Frost DPS Warden and I the results were very dissapointing
- Viscidus Frost Weapon Guide
More about World of WarcraftPost: "Current Sapphiron behavior on PTR is wrong." specifically for the game World of Warcraft. Other useful information about this game:
- Please stop claiming everything is over tuned.
- Looking for Group/Guild/Players Monday (November 30, 2020)
- Arcanite Reaper – The Server that Lived
- The drinking issue
- Starting anew on a PVE server and torn on what to roll. And where. Need some insight. More inside.
- Classic WoW has impressed me so much its hard to not dream for more
- List of 44 top parses for each raid boss (hps and dps)
- Controversial opinion: The Speedrun Meta is 10x better than retails mythic progression meta.
- [CONSPIRACY THEORY] Blizzard doesn’t mind bots, but not for the reason you think…
- A GM helped someone hack into my account. I need answers, and Blizzard is not giving.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.