Content of the article: "I’ve played WoW on and off since Vanilla, always with a ping of 150-250ms because I’m from Brazil. I recently traveled and finally played on a low ping (7-20ms). I’m quitting the game."
So, I've always been a Warcraft universe lover. I've been playing WoW since Vanilla, on and off, mostly past Cataclysm. I had never played with a low ping, so I always had to repeatdly mash the buttons to queue abilities so they go off in a proper time. It's not a good feeling whatsoever and feels really clunky. I had the opportunity to play the game in a low ping because of a recent travel, and the difference is way too big to ignore, specially in high mobility classes like Demon Hunter. Imagine playing DH with 180ms: that's what my life was during Legion and the start of BFA. It's horrible.
"But why the fuck do you play with such a high ping? Aren't there brazilian servers?"
Well, yes. There are brazilian realms. They are still physically located in the United States so even though everybody speaks portuguese you still play with a shitty ping. It's unreal to me that in 2020 WoW has no realms set in Brazil/Latin America for their players. League of Legends solved this issue in 2013. Heroes of the Storm has had servers located in Brazil since beta, same for Overwatch. CSGO, Dota2, Fortnite… Every big game has servers in the region their players are at except for World of Warcraft.
I have no idea how to escalate this without somewhat of a public outcry, so help me out I guess?
Here's a list of all realms and their locations. The brazilian realms are Nemesis, Tol-Barad, Gallywix, Azralon and Goldrinn. Latin america realms are Drakkari, Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas. Kindly notice all of these realms are located in the United States, and this means any and all players are probably playing with at least 120 ping, probably over 150.
Just for empathy, it would be similar to be a player in the US having to play in a server physically located in Russia. Maybe even worse.
- World of Warcraft servers in Brazil are suffering from emptying and transfers to US servers due to lack of players
- Heroes of the Storm North American League For The Beard
- Why is it so contentious to state that EU is easily the best region?
More about World of WarcraftPost: "I’ve played WoW on and off since Vanilla, always with a ping of 150-250ms because I’m from Brazil. I recently traveled and finally played on a low ping (7-20ms). I’m quitting the game." specifically for the game World of Warcraft. Other useful information about this game:
- Please stop claiming everything is over tuned.
- Looking for Group/Guild/Players Monday (November 30, 2020)
- Arcanite Reaper – The Server that Lived
- The drinking issue
- Starting anew on a PVE server and torn on what to roll. And where. Need some insight. More inside.
- Classic WoW has impressed me so much its hard to not dream for more
- List of 44 top parses for each raid boss (hps and dps)
- Controversial opinion: The Speedrun Meta is 10x better than retails mythic progression meta.
- [CONSPIRACY THEORY] Blizzard doesn’t mind bots, but not for the reason you think…
- A GM helped someone hack into my account. I need answers, and Blizzard is not giving.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.