For a better viewing experience, visit: ElGoblino.net
Who is this for?
Everyone! Both crafters and non-crafters.
Doing this will save you several thousands of gold if you're crafting or make you several thousands of gold per hour if you're selling.
1. Get Outland Mining and Herbalism. You can train this at Shattrath City.
2. Use a druid.
3. Get the appropriate addons to make your life easier. See this guide for reference.
4. Get Darkmoon Firewater for faster gathering.
We will be mining for Fel Iron, Adamantite and Khorium
Khorium is the most valuable – but if you refine the other ores, they are also really good gold:
- Khorium -> Khorium Bars
- Adamantite -> Hardened Adamantite Bars
- Fel Iron & Eternium -> Felsteel
- Excess Fel Iron -> Fel Iron Bars
Herbs are a bait – they are not worth your time (probably, but see your server's values)
Do NOT ignore rares you find! Kill them! I got 66k worth of transmog by killing 3 rares!
I'm using RareScanner to alert me of nearby rares.
See this sheet for all the items and gold values.
Expected per hour value:
- 24k+ at a medium sell rate (at most, few weeks to get everything sold)
The value should be higher if you only go to the better zones (Nagrand seems the best) and do not waste time, like I did, picking herbs.
If you've not started using TSM yet, you can follow this guide. It will you save you hours of work and you should be using it. It's really easy!
- Very likely to be the best zone.
- A bit of a weird pathing, but tend to stick close to cliffs, that's where most ore will spawn.
- Only go into the caves I've noted – and DO go in, I always got 2 ore nodes from each time I went in.
- Pretty simple pathing and nice to chill out with
- Got a 40k transmog piece here
- Don't go in the cave, up North
- Do go in the Deathforge (just the entrance), if you see something there
- Illidan did nothing wrong
Blade's Edge Mountains
- Simpler pathing than it looks like – just stick to the right wall
- Hard chill
- Raven's Wood may be worth to go to, but I preferred to chill with the noted path
- I didn't like the crossed out zones, mostly herbs there and barely any ores
- Annoying pathing
- Worst ore yields
- Stupid caves
- I spent 2 hours doing this and now I hate this zone
- If you want to go for the most Khorium per hour, people will occasionally form raids for that.
- You'll get the most gold over time by crafting transmog with whatever you get from mining – but God bless you, for you'll need a lot of patience to get all the recipes and materials needed for TBC crafting.
- These materials sell surprisingly fast. The slowest selling is Hardened Adamantite, at 9 per day sold; Khorium bars sell at 14 per day; Felsteel sells at 16 per day.
– Follow the stream and watch the geeking live and come hang out! I'm friendly, I promise uwu
– If you enjoyed the guide, help me out by sharing it with your friends and guildies
– Please correct any maths mistakes, I can't maths
- 5,200 Gold Invested To Open Chest Of Spoils
- Mathematical guide to crafting cards for competitive decks
- Small & useful AddOns you might not know about
More about World of Warcraft (WoW)Post: "Outland Mining is actually pretty good! Here’s 10 hours of data and how to do it (24k/h+)" specifically for the game World of Warcraft (WoW). Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.