Content of the article: "Outland Mining is actually pretty good! Here’s 10 hours of data and how to do it (24k/h+)"
For a better viewing experience, visit: ElGoblino.net
Who is this for?
Everyone! Both crafters and non-crafters.
Doing this will save you several thousands of gold if you're crafting or make you several thousands of gold per hour if you're selling.
1. Get Outland Mining and Herbalism. You can train this at Shattrath City.
2. Use a druid.
3. Get the appropriate addons to make your life easier. See this guide for reference.
4. Get Darkmoon Firewater for faster gathering.
We will be mining for Fel Iron, Adamantite and Khorium
Khorium is the most valuable – but if you refine the other ores, they are also really good gold:
- Khorium -> Khorium Bars
- Adamantite -> Hardened Adamantite Bars
- Fel Iron & Eternium -> Felsteel
- Excess Fel Iron -> Fel Iron Bars
Herbs are a bait – they are not worth your time (probably, but see your server's values)
Do NOT ignore rares you find! Kill them! I got 66k worth of transmog by killing 3 rares!
I'm using RareScanner to alert me of nearby rares.
See this sheet for all the items and gold values.
Expected per hour value:
- 24k+ at a medium sell rate (at most, few weeks to get everything sold)
The value should be higher if you only go to the better zones (Nagrand seems the best) and do not waste time, like I did, picking herbs.
If you've not started using TSM yet, you can follow this guide. It will you save you hours of work and you should be using it. It's really easy!
- Very likely to be the best zone.
- A bit of a weird pathing, but tend to stick close to cliffs, that's where most ore will spawn.
- Only go into the caves I've noted – and DO go in, I always got 2 ore nodes from each time I went in.
- Pretty simple pathing and nice to chill out with
- Got a 40k transmog piece here
- Don't go in the cave, up North
- Do go in the Deathforge (just the entrance), if you see something there
- Illidan did nothing wrong
Blade's Edge Mountains
- Simpler pathing than it looks like – just stick to the right wall
- Hard chill
- Raven's Wood may be worth to go to, but I preferred to chill with the noted path
- I didn't like the crossed out zones, mostly herbs there and barely any ores
- Annoying pathing
- Worst ore yields
- Stupid caves
- I spent 2 hours doing this and now I hate this zone
- If you want to go for the most Khorium per hour, people will occasionally form raids for that.
- You'll get the most gold over time by crafting transmog with whatever you get from mining – but God bless you, for you'll need a lot of patience to get all the recipes and materials needed for TBC crafting.
- These materials sell surprisingly fast. The slowest selling is Hardened Adamantite, at 9 per day sold; Khorium bars sell at 14 per day; Felsteel sells at 16 per day.
– Follow the stream and watch the geeking live and come hang out! I'm friendly, I promise uwu
– If you enjoyed the guide, help me out by sharing it with your friends and guildies
– Please correct any maths mistakes, I can't maths
- 5,200 Gold Invested To Open Chest Of Spoils
- Small & useful AddOns you might not know about
- LPT: Player barters require FiR for the buyer’s items.
More about World of WarcraftPost: "Outland Mining is actually pretty good! Here’s 10 hours of data and how to do it (24k/h+)" specifically for the game World of Warcraft. Other useful information about this game:
- Starting anew on a PVE server and torn on what to roll. And where. Need some insight. More inside.
- Classic WoW has impressed me so much its hard to not dream for more
- List of 44 top parses for each raid boss (hps and dps)
- Controversial opinion: The Speedrun Meta is 10x better than retails mythic progression meta.
- [CONSPIRACY THEORY] Blizzard doesn’t mind bots, but not for the reason you think…
- A GM helped someone hack into my account. I need answers, and Blizzard is not giving.
- I’m not gonna get to loot within guild raids for the next several weeks, and it feels bad
- Looking for Group/Guild/Players Monday (November 23, 2020)
- Blizzard just doesn’t care anymore about hacks, bots and false bans
- List of Classic Warrior Macros
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.