Content of the article: "Back It Up!"
Because I was asked…
Reverse speeds in World of Warships appear to be tied to the forward speed of a ship. Ergo, all ships with a 32.5 knot top speed appear to have the same reverse speed. This is not yet confirmed as more examples need to be tested. Consider the following the preliminary data for the moment. There are many elements that still need to be verified. For example, do ships with stock engines behave differently? What effect does the Sierra Mike signal have on reverse speeds? What about Engine Boost?
You'll note that the values here aren't as simple as one third of the ship's maximum speed. The values vary from 36% to 57% with a general progression that the slower the ship, the higher the relative reverse speed. It's also possible that some of these recorded values are in error as it takes some ships in excess of 2 minutes to reach their maximum reverse speed and sometimes more.
Max Speed / Reverse Speed (Examples Tested)
- 15.0kts / 8.6kts (Langley)
- 18.0kts / 9.3kts (Mikasa)
- 19.0kts / 9.5kts (Black Swan, Bougainville, Chengan)
- 19.5kts / 9.7lts (Hashidate)
- 20.0kts / 9.9kts (Erie, Eritrea, Gryf)
- 20.5kts / 9.9kts (Turenne)
- 21.0kts / 10.2kts (New Mexico, Arizona)
- 22.0kts / 10.3kts (St.Louis)
- 22.5kts / 10.5kts (Bellerophon)
- 23.0kts / 10.7kts (Jurien)
- 23.5kts / 10.7kts (Queen Elizabeth, Warspite)
- 24.0kts / 10.9kts (Hermelin)
- 24.5kts / 10.9kts (Fuso)
- 25.0kts / 11.1kts (Orlan)
- 26.0kts / 11.3kts (Chikuma)
- 26.5kts / 11.5kts (Pyotr Velkiy)
- 27.0kts / 11.6kts (Kolberg)
- 27.5kts / 11.7kts (North Carolina, Alabama, Massachusetts)
- 28.0kts / 11.9kts (Duke of York, Famous & Historical Monarch)
- 28.5kts / 12.0kts (Izmail)
- 29.0kts / 12.1kts (Vladivostok, Lenin)
- 29.5kts / 12.3kts (Normandie, Kii)
- 30.0kts / 12.5kts (Tachibana, Amagi, Vanguard, Roma)
- 30.5kts / 12.5kts (Tirpitz)
- 31.0kts / 12.6kts (Bismarck)
- 31.5kts / 12.8kts (Furious)
- 32.0kts / 12.8kts (Richelieu, Gascogne)
- 32.5kts / 13.0kts (Belfast '43, Konigsberg, Helena, Belfast, Edinburgh)
- 33.0kts / 13.2kts (Siroco, Des Moines)
- 33.5kts / 13.2kts (G-101)
- 34.0kts / 13.4kts (Shokaku)
- 34.5kts / 13.6kts (Zao)
- 35.0kts / 13.6kts (Storozhevoi)
- 35.5kts / 13.8kts (Jaguar)
- 36.0kts / 13.8kts (Longijang)
- 36.5kts / 13.9kts (Alberto di Guissano)
- 37.0kts / 14.1kts (Nicholas)
- 37.5kts / 14.1kts (Fujin)
- 38.0kts / 14.3kts (Gnevny)
- 38.5kts / 14.5kts (Sims)
- 39.0kts / 14.5kts (Blyskawica)
- 39.5kts / 14.7kts (Grozovoi)
- 40.0kts / 14.9kts (Udaloi)
- 42.0kts / 15.3kts (Podvoisky)
- 42.5kts / 15.5kts (Kiev)
- 43.0kts / 15.7kts (Minsk)
- 43.5kts / 15.7kts (Mogador)
- 44.0kts / 15.9kts (Kleber)
- Mouse Needs your Help (Crowd-Sourcing 2, the Twirling Boogaloo)
- I did an excel for santa crates math for everyone interested
- STs currently cannot express opinions on test ships, unless they purchase them on their personal account.
More about World of WarshipsPost: "Back It Up!" specifically for the game World of Warships. Other useful information about this game:
- Clan Battles season 11: Ship distribution and analysis
- Hidden/unintuitive CV or AA mechanics
- Opinion on CV surface ship interaction
- Ship Idea (HMS Renown-1944) plus spreadsheet of Info
- Protec, attac, but give something bac. Please
- With all of the toxicity and complaining popping around every minute in the forums and ingame , lets talk about the bright side for once .
- A. Nevsky is amazing!
- Warships Masters Championship 2020!
- The pain of playing Shimakaze
- Random compilation of OP USN ships (current and past)
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.